Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Under Eye Circles

Hi ladies,

This is my first post here so hi!! I am having serious issues with under eye circles. I have not been able to find a good concealer that covers them? Does anyone have advice...these eyes could really use it :-)

Re: Under Eye Circles

• I don't even use a concealer. I use a primer before my foundation, then foundation & powder, then after applying my eye shadow, if you can still see the dark circles, I use an eyeshadow or concealer brush, dip it in powder, and then put it on the dark circles. Usually works for me. :)
  • I have bad dark circles, and I used to use Benefit Lemon-Aid.  The yellow color works well....but I switched because it was a little heavy (tended to cake up).  For the past few months I've been using Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Well Rested for eyes.  I've been really happy with it and plan to keep using it for every day makeup.  It covers my circles well and doesn't cake up at all.

For the wedding, though, I think I'll be using Estee Lauder Double Wear Light as my foundation....and when I tried it I put it on my under eye circles too and it seemed to work.  So I'm debating whether I'll need a separate under eye concealer for the wedding.
  • Hi! Hopefully this helps, but have you tried to get rid of dark circles by using a moisturizer or cream with caffine in it? Also, the concealers I personally like (I get really bad circles) are Amazing cosmetics and Too Faced. I worked at Ulta, a cosmetics store, for a year and played with a lot of stuff. If you are looking for something the day of the big day, stay away from mineral make-up. In pictures they have a tendency to make you look like a ghost. Smashbox is also a company that specifically aims for people that are going to be photographed! I hope this helps! Good luck with everything!
  • I second the PP who mentioned Bare Escentuals! They have AMAZING under eye prodcuts that look really natural and don't get that cakey feeling or look. It is fairly inexpensive and works really well. Some of my guy friends at work even noticed when I started using it, I'm totally in love with it (especially because I have sensitive skin as well and it doesn't bother me AT ALL). Good Luck!
  • I like smashbox...they make a product called photo op concealer. It hides my dark circles, and it is part of their photo line, so it doesn't look ghost-like in photographs, it just looks natural. Be advised though, that smashbox products are rather pricey.
    *Jeremiah 29:11* SoyFreeBlog
  • Bare Escentuals Well Rested is brilliant, use all over the eyelid and around the inner corner and down.
  • This is the EASIEST and CHEAPEST solution: hemeroid cream. Apply to the under eyes before bed and after you wake up and wash your face. It reduces bags and keeps the color even with the rest of your skin. It really works (I used to use it for pageants.) You can buy any OTC hemerhoid cream.
  • Mary Kay has a eye treatment roll on that works very well for under eye dark circles.
    Its called Targeted Action Eye Revitalizer
    image. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I really like the physcians formula circle controle concealer it rocks! , but I have also been using this under eye circle treatment from sally's beauty supply and it rocks, it's in a dark blue container and says dark circle eye treatment, you use it twice a day and mine seem better already.
  • Thanks girls...these are all such wonderful recommendations :-)
  • i used to use bare escentuals' well rested, but i have serious dark circles, and it just wasn't sufficient. i now use stila concealer, which i think is great. if you're willing to shell out a pretty penny, go for amazing concealer, which you can get at sephora - while i haven't actually allowed myself to buy it (it costs $50 for a tiny tube!!!), i tried it in-store, and it's brilliant. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards