Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

DJ is making me nervous!

We found a DJ through a friend who hired this guy for another function.

We contacted him through Facebook, as the friend of ours was friends with him on Facebook and sent us contact info.

The DJ agreed to do our wedding, and at a decent price.

He will only contact us through Facebook. He has not offered us a phone number. He is fairly quick at responding though.

When we contacted him recently, to check in, and ask to meet to discuss song choices, give deposit, sign a contract etc, all he wrote back was "yes you are booked for June 16"

This is making me uncomfortable! Is it okay to cancel him and find someone else at this point? Especially since we haven't signed or paid? Or is it rude to back out on someone who says he will be there?

Re: DJ is making me nervous!

• It's rude for him to not answer your questions, in my opinion. I don't blame you for being uncomfortable - this is a friend-of-a-friend situation and he's not giving you any way to get in direct contact with him.

I'd come out and say to him that either he gives you his number and you meet in person to discuss things or you will find another DJ as you aren't comfortable with the current communication arrangement.
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Yeah, if he won't give you a contract, I'd back out ASAP.  I'd also be wary of the fact that he doesn't want to meet with you to discuss song choices; that's: a) really unprofessional, and b) suggests that he doesn't care what you think and just wants to do his own thing.

It's absolutely not rude to demand good service from a vendor.

If you like the guy and want to give him a chance, you can be blunt and just say  "I expect us to meet and sign a contract establishing what each of us expects from one another; if you're not willing to do that, I need to find another DJ." 

If at this point you don't trust him, you're well within your rights to just tell him you're finding someone else.
  • Thanks for the great advice!
  • Obviously you have a bad feeling about this guy and as we all know there is enough things to worry about as it is. Personally, I say get out while you still can
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards