Honeymoon Discussions

Camera Questions - Waterproof/Digital

Hello again,

For those of you who went on tropical honeymoons, what was your camera situation? I have a little digital camera that I love but it's not waterproof. When I looked into waterproof cases I didn't get the best results.  I'm not sure if it's worth it to get a brand new camera just for the honeymoon, unless I'd be able to use it as an everyday digital camera.  I'd like to use the camera not only on the beach, but when snorkling and being underwater.

Does anyone have any experience with this? 

Thanks very much!

Re: Camera Questions - Waterproof/Digital

• I got a Nikon Coolpix AW100 for my honeymoon. I loved using it to take underwater pictures and pictures on the beach or at the Mayan ruins. After I got home, I still use it as an every day camera. I took it to a waterpark with my family- not many people have pictures from a waterpark! I took it to the country fair and got some nice action shots of the horse pulls. 

• i have an older olympus camera that i bought the olympus waterproof case for and it takes awesome pics. i also have a new huge olympus that i use for regular pics (out of water) but keep the old one for snorkeling etc..

• i also have to add though-i didnt buy it specifically for the hm since dh and i do the tropical/snorkeling trips a lot. i bought it a few years before the hm.

• I would say go for it. We had a waterproof camera for our trip to Mexico and it made it well worth it. I ended up picking one up last year for really cheap and it is completely worth it.

You can get really cheap underwater cameras as well. They might not be the most amazing pictures but they would be better then a disposable or many of the cases that you can get for regular digital cameras.

Something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-COOLPIX-Digital-Camera-2-7-inch/dp/B0073HSJOC/ref=sr_1_24?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1348627656&sr=1-24

• We brought 3 cameras to our HM (Southern Caribbean cruise): a Nikon DSLR, a high-end point and shoot and also a Fujifilm XP10 (waterproof). The one we used the most was the Fujifilm since it was the most convenient to bring to the beach/snorkling. To be honest, the picture quality of the Fujifilm is not that great, our old Olympus Tough takes way better pictures. It is definitely worth it to get a waterproof camera but make sure you research before buying.  
  • we purchased a canon d20 in may and took it too the turks and caicos, and our pictures turned out great and it also pin pointed our location for each picture. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_camera-questions-waterproofdigital?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:943b2d0e-731a-4d0b-8a96-8bf543bcc609Post:13d3f74d-db0d-4193-8d82-e7056ea51a92">Re: Camera Questions - Waterproof/Digital</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a Fugifilm XP finepix. It takes pretty good underwater pictures and is small enough to stick in my purse. I use it for traveling or when I don't feel like bringing my good camera, because the lens is big. It gets the job done.
    Posted by Liatris2010[/QUOTE]

This. I bought this camera so i had something i could use at the beach, waterparks, etc when i didnt wanna bust out my large lens. It takes very good pictures for what i need/want them for. I def get my money out of it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards