Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Renewal

My husband and I want to renew our vows since his father passed away the day after our original wedding.  However, my problem is that I don't want the same people to "stand up" in the wedding party.  Is it tacky to only ask two people back or even change out a couple people?  I'm not going to make them wear the same dress either.  We want to have some fun this time around!

Re: Renewal

• Options
    Cinderella13Cinderella13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Also, does it have to be the same date??  Or can it be changed to a few weeks after the date?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It does not matter what date you are renewing your vows you are married already.  I am doing the same also and my vow renewal will be a couple a months after my 10 year anniversary it will not hurt. Happy planning!
  • Options
    ABHughes7ABHughes7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We elopped and got married in Vegas the first time. The people that were our witnesses(maid of honor) will not be the same people this time. I'm excited to actually be planning a wedding this time! Good Luck with your planning.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had the same questions as well. Our original date was aug 21. Since we love christmas so much we were thinking of having a December wedding would this be ok?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was always told no BM during a renewal. I really want BM and was wondering how you were working them in?

Also, what kind of vows are you saying? We're exchanging new rings (reason for the ceremony) and I'm not sure what to say...the normal vow's?

As far as date goes, we're doing it around the time we got married.  Not the same date since the date is on a Wednesday.
  • Options
    LizdcLizdc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do what you want. I am doing a vowel renewal since we eloped in dec in a private courthouse ceremony. Our attendants are our respective children. In the modern day people really embrace the fact that you can do what you want and should. It could be worse if someone found out that you wanted them in your vowel renewal and didn't ask because you  thought it wasnt done. Everyone's lives are differnt  so design the day exactly how you want it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing our vow renewal next year for our 10 year anniversary. I asked the same ones to be in it and some declined due to finances and I also included some new ones. You do what you want. Our wedding was originally in MI but we moved to NC over 6 years ago, so those that want to still be in it will have to travel. So I'm letting them know a year and a half in advance.

And I never heard of them wearing the same dress?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards