June 2013 Weddings

TGIF

So, how was everyone's Valentine's Day? What did you do? Do you celebrateor ignore it?

FI and iI celebrate it. He sent me beautiful flowers to work, and we went out to our favorite fancy restaurant for dinner.it was delicious. I got him a bag of candy, a new belt, and I bought us an excursion for our honeymoon. We had a really nice day. We don't buy each other cards though, because we both feel that is a waste. Too expensive.
Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image

Re: TGIF

• I had to work until 9pm so we didn't do much to celebrate but it was nice coming home to a candlelit home coooked meal. We exchanged cards but given so much going on with wedding prep...that was just enought for us :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow my Journey Down the Aisle at www.ichoosethesun.com !
  • our "dating" anniversary was two weeks ago, so we have never been big into valentines day since we celebrate our anniversary so close.  But FI did surprise me sunday night with flowers and chocolates when I got home from being gone that weekend and last night we cooked a nice dinner at home to say we did something :)  I'm battling a cold right now, so was really happy to be in my sweats!  I was single for so many years that I was always anti-valentines day, haha. 

Anniversary
  • We were low-key this year too... Decided to go to a matinee movie just for kicks and then we stayed home last night in our jammies and I cooked my famous sauce and meatballs (his favorite) with some yummy homemade garlic toast for dinner. We also enjoyed a great bottle of pinot noir.

And FI gave me a beautiful vintage, 1950's, Snow White valentine that he found on eBay. It's so pretty and delicate that I'm going to frame it! 

*I used to hate Valentine's Day too... but now it's just a fun little novelty holiday for us. We don't go all out but we do acknowledge it, because we are forever-valentines now!

Anniversary
  • We both worked all day...but met at a local restaurant a friend of ours owns to eat. He paid lol

no gifts though, many times we skip gifts of getting things we would rather have later.
    Christie + Chad ~June 8, 2013~
     CPT & mama to 9 kids, one SIL & a grandbaby girl!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards