Rhode Island
Options

Videographer Recommendations

I am starting my search for a videographer.  I have called a few and have gotten quotes.  I  was just wondering if anyone had some that were not on theknot.com. 

Thanks

Re: Videographer Recommendations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if he is on theknot but Dave at Waves Media is fantastic. It's his business so he'd be the one you talk to anyway.

www.avwaves.com
  • Options
    RIFallBrideRIFallBride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our photographer recommended Fresh Focus Productions, we haven't met with her yet but I trust our photographer.  I want someone that is going to get all the video without being in our faces.  It is more about capturing the moment than playing to the camera.  I did take a quick look at the reviews on weddingwire and they are all positive.  GL!
  • Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    David Bettencourt offers modern cinematography. I am not sure what your budget is but I also love Jeff Brouillet films.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend John from Wedding Stories if you are looking for a true filmmaker.  I can't speak highly enough of John & his team.  The passion, vision & energy they bring to the table is just above & beyond.  He also offers DSLR video & same-day-edits, both which were extremely important to me when selecting a cinematographer.

• Options
    jmorta04jmorta04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also can't say enough wonderful things about John from Wedding Stories.  He has been professional, wonderful to work with and his talent is extraordinary.  I haven't received my full video yet, but based on the sneak peek I saw just days after my wedding, I cannot wait to see the whole thing.  I highly recommend him!  Here is a link to my sneak peek:
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    Moving right to IVF with ICSI
    ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
    ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
    Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
    Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
    Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
    1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog: Project Make a Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    nikkibelnikkibel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Timothy Bakland out of Beverly, MA. He is AMAZING.  He does a DVD trailer a week or so after your wedding, ours is so awesome.  And he just confirmed that I'll have our DVD by the one-month mark, So by Oct. 10th (we were married 9/10/11).  I cannot say enough good things about this guy. 

timothybakland.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used vacilando.  They weren't on The Knot when I booked them, but I believe they are on Wedding Wire.  I wrote a review for them there.  We enjoyed them -- their price was right, we liked their style, and we think they did a great job.
  • Options
    saradragon2saradragon2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Royal Orient---Can you expand your expertise on modern cinematography as opposed to cinematography? I checked out Davisd Bettencourt and thought he had a more classic and vintage approach. Very nice. I just wanted your input on your take of modern cinematography. . I see that your opinion is well respected so I would like some advice in this matter. TIA.

• Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Modern cinematographers like David Bettencourt use a variety of recordings including the latest digital image sensors producing high quality films in HD. Some also use film, which produces vintage videos. I believe David uses super 8 film. While he does create classic documentaries, his work is definitely not old school. There are no crazy or cheesy special effects of any sort. He is a storyteller and his approach and technique to capturting the day is all about quality shots and great editing. 

There are still many videographers out there who still shoot videos with the same look and feel from the 80s. Modern cinematographers are not the uncle bobs out there with a nice camera - they are filmmakers and artist. If you watch Jeff Brouillet's films, you would know what I am talking about. His work is at another level. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used David Bettencourt and I love his modern approach! He used a Canon 5D I believe. He had so many creative ideas on our wedding day and we got some fantastic footage.

Here's our highlight: http://vimeo.com/24899393

Our full-length movie was shot in the same fashion and it's amazing!

Highly recommend David!

Happily Married!! 5.29.11 was THE best day of our lives!

>-{ Blog - K5 Becomes A Bride }-<

>-{ Wedding Items FOR SALE }-<

• Options
    cozyczcozycz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also recommend John from Wedding Stories! I actually picked him based on other brides reviews here. He was great to work with the day of, and I was super impressed with the teaser he sent us in less then 24 hours!

http://vimeo.com/29515607

Anniversary PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    Barrington78Barrington78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also suggest Weddingstoriesri. John is amazing! He had a phenomemal video streaming before my reception was even over!
  • Options
    amhill87amhill87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for all the recommendations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards