Canada
Options

Help! - How to tell people the center pieces are not to be taken!

We bought beautiful candle chandelier type things for center pieces and have made a deal with a local rental company to purchase them after our wedding. However certain people have already stated that they are taking them after the reception. Any ideas about how to politely tell people they are not to be taken? I really do not want to be rude, but I am worried about people taking them. 

Re: Help! - How to tell people the center pieces are not to be taken!

• Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would put a little framed note on each table with a little poem or rhyme telling people to please not take the centerpieces - keep it light, but to the point.
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto the poem!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yikes - how rude of them to be so presumptuous!

Next time someone mentions it, can you politely tell you that the centrepieces are rentals are won't be up for the taking? And try to subtly spread the word if you get the opportunity too.

Ditto to the poem if you can find one... Maybe even use glue dots or blu-tack to "stick" them to the tables, lol. If you're having an MC, ask them to make "housekeeping" announcements at the beginning of the reception, including where the washrooms are, and "please leave the centrepieces in their place".
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto having the DJ annouce something.  You pretty much will just have to come right out and say "Do not take the centrepieces". 

For my friends wedding they did a game that they gave out 1 prize per table to.  They picked up a bunch of their favourite things as the prizes.  For my cousin's wedding they put copies of their favourite books out on the tables.  Those were all ways to avoid the whole taking home the CP thing.  In my cousin's case, the books were also the table names!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i can't believe people would just take centerpieces like that. i can understand someone grabbing a flower or two but to take a big candle chandelier. weird! i don't think this is the norm and don't think you need to put a note on the table. for those people that said they want to take them tell them they are rentals. spread the word to your family and wedding party that if someone suggests taking them or sees someone taking them that they should tell them the same.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow. That's insane.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm trying to figure out the same thing right now, Our centerpieces have already been promised to a friend whos using them in another way for her wedding since our is a vase in the middle and three bowl with flowers rocks and such, but at my parents wedding people just took them all they didnt even get to keep one!
  • Options
    MissLeahMMissLeahM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Put a sticker on the bottom of the centerpieces that says 'Do Not Remove' in big bold betters.

image Married and Junk.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tell them THEY ARE RENTALS, and they need to be returned. I am sure that if you say this, no one will take them :)
  • Options
    mollysaranmollysaran member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i wondered about this too , maybe have the dj anounce "if anyone would like to purchase one of these centerpieces the bride will be happy to give you the company name from where they are rented" ....LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards