Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Chucks and Tux

Any suggestions on how to prevent my groomsmen from looking clownish when wearing Chuck Taylor sneakers and black tuxes? I would have like bow ties but I think that would be much too clowny. We haven't really come to any decisions with regards to type/cut of tuxes.

Re: Chucks and Tux

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance was actually in a wedding where they wore black tuxes and chuck taylors, they all looked really nice actually. ill try and find some pictures, they wore thin black ties
    That is the true season of love when we believe that we alone can love, that no one could have ever loved as much before, and that no one will ever love in the same way again
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's ever looks childish. I always think it adds a little something without being too over the top. I think they will look fine. If my FI didn't LOVE dressing up I'd totally have recommended it to him. He's pretty high maintenence, lol.
  • Options
    katiebean1katiebean1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love when the guys wear Chucks (or any other different shoes) with tuxes.  It makes it fun.
    Planning Bio
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    222image 50image 19image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our guys wore suits and TOMS and looked great!  My dad even changed from dress shoes to Vans when he heard that.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards