July 2012 Weddings

Flower girl dresses

We now have a flower girl!  I procrastinated on asking since the parents have been having some marital issues in the past year, and I didn't want to talk wedding around them. Anyway, the mom was so excited when I asked her about her youngest daughter being in the wedding (wanted to make sure they were coming to the wedding since it's a DW).  I'm so excited!  She said her daughter would love it (and I figured this anyway since we play "wedding" everytime I babysit her and her siblings and she's always the flower girl). I'm officially asking her tomorrow when I go over to their house.  

I started looking at dresses today though, and holy crap they're expensive!  Could everyone PIP their FG dresses and prices if you don't mind?  I need some options to look through. :) She'll be almost 5 years old come July.  
Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview

Re: Flower girl dresses

• awww yay! congrats on finding your flower girl, so exciting!!!

I wish I had a FG :(:(:(:( Sorry I can't be of any help!!!!!
  • I got mine FG at pink princess.com It was only 60! free shipping!! :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I got my flower girl dress on etsy it was a 100 but i found ones at JCPenneys for good prices. If you hurry you can find one in the Easter section. Also google cheep flower girl dresses and alot come up. But i would look at your local department store in the Easter section. Good luck and congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • This is probably a better pic:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My FMIL is making the dresses for 3 of them, they're just tutus anyway. But we did buy a dress for my 'here comes the bride' sign holding girl. Seriously what else do I call her? haha...
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • TChiumiTChiumi member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I am also ordering my FG dress from pinkprincess.com.  The dresses are all very reasonaly priced and they offer free shipping on orders over $34.99.  I'm also ordering one of my RBs tuxes here because he will only be 1and a 1/2 and it is way cheaper than going through the tux shop.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • owengirl996owengirl996 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012

This is what our girls are wearing. It's actually tea length, not as long as it looks. Depending on the size, the price varies, but it's about $60. Although I just tried to go to the website, and the link didn't work anymore, so I'm hoping the girls ordered it or I may be changing my mind! The site is www.girlsdressline.com -there are a lot of cute, fairly inexpensive ones on there! ETA: Whew, found one that works
    http://www.girlsdressline.com/ivory-flower-girl-dresses/ivory-jeweled-bodice-ruffle-layered-organza-flower-girl-dress.html
    imageAnniversary
  • We have no idea what our FG's dress will be, FI's niece will be 15 months old by the time of our wedding. Not going to shop for the dress until later in spring and we don't care what it'll look like as long as she looks CUTE! :)
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited March 2012
    Megan I LOVE that dress! I had my girls try it on but they didnt love it :(  So we are going with something else.  I am ordering our dresses today.  I saw a post on another board on TK about a website called Nancy August.  They have a TON of adorable dresses and many are under $50!  I had a hard time finding a dress that would fit both of my girls and not need to be altered a ton for my 4 year old but this is what we are going with (only $53 free shipping and we get 10% off today):

:)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • So exciting! Flower girls are so cute and fun. My FI niece who will almost be 4 will be our flower girl. She will be wearing this Alfred Angelo dress that her mom picked out (with navy blue).

http://www.alfredangelo.com/collections/productdisplay.aspx?productID=9ad3d085-97b5-4ac9-9d1f-ffc753ceaeaf&categoryID=76793ebf-607f-4683-82b6-d880a00a2197&pg=1&colorId1=
  • edited March 2012
    My flower girl is 3. We are going shopping next week. We're going to all the department stores and looking at easter dresses. Its going to be so much cheeper this way. The one we liked at the bridal salon was like $150! Insane. I definitly suggest going the department store route.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Omg, go to Burlington Coat Factory and JC Penny. They have the cutest and nicest flower girls dresses for like $29.99!!! I don't have a pic of ours on the computer, but they have some really cute ones. Don't go to Davids Bridal and pay their outrageous prices.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Eliz77Eliz77 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    My FG is wearing this ($32.99):

I didn't give the mom any suggestions/restrictions, just basically said whatever she wants to wear...My RB is wearing gray pants/vest with a lavender shirt and dark purple tie so the two together will look so adorable! (BM dresses and GM vest/ties are wisteria, so while all will not match, purple theme and the RB and our flowers basically brings FG and WP together!)
    ~ES~
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_flower-girl-dresses-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:f398bf86-49ef-405e-81fb-85357b0c209cPost:f4470beb-999f-44a3-a8fe-b80f339d7679">Re: Flower girl dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]awww yay! congrats on finding your flower girl, so exciting!!! I wish I had a FG :( :( :( :( Sorry I can't be of any help!!!!!
    Posted by butterflyjumper1[/QUOTE]

Me toooo! The worst part is I know exactly who my FG would be but she's in the US and her family isn't coming :(
  • Omg all of these dresses are so cute. I brought my girls dresses from jcpenny. I would definitely look at department stores. I brought 4 dressed for 120.00. I'm sorry I'm on my phone and I can't post a pick.
  • My flower girl dress was really expensive ($148 from Nordstrom).  But the my future niece's mom wanted to buy the dress and picked this one out herself so I don't feel too guilty! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• They offer it in a ton of different colors it was $25 with $7 shipping.
    *~The Future Mrs. Paine~*

*~Planning Bio Updated April 16th~*

image 331 invited image 107 are ready to party image 96 are missing out image 128 can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 30th!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards