Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Shower ideas: other than "candy bar"

Hi girls! I am starting to work on planning my bridal shower. All of my friends are getting married within a 2 yr span so I am very busy with my wedding as well as being a bridesmaid and a supporter for my friends. Frankly, I am getting "showered out" from all of the events I have been attending lately. I wanted to do something alittle bit different other than a candy bar for my guests. One of my friends had a popcorn station, which I thought was a good idea, but I wanted something that was unique and "my own" amoungst all these weddings. Any ideas or suggestions?? Something just fun and cute that they can enjoy before the food or while I am unwrapping my gifts. THANKS!

Re: Shower ideas: other than "candy bar"

• Options
    twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You really shouldn't plan your own shower.

If someone offers to throw you a shower, however, some ideas that I've seen include donut bars and gourmet coffee bars.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You don't have to worry about it, because you neither plan nor throw your own shower, e-party, or b-party.  So problem solved.  =)
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could rent a chocolate fountain, they are pretty neat,  dip fruits and vegetables into it.
  • Options
    uwf_cole23uwf_cole23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What I am planning on doing for mine is to have a "cocktail taste testing". We are going to have some wines and things for people to sip on but since my FI and I are planning on having signature drinks, we are going to debut some of them and let the ladies vote on which ones we like the best. This way they can feel involved in some of the planning and it will be a fun way to get everyone to know each other!

Problem is if you dont have people that dont drink. But maybe that helps?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards