Luxury Weddings
Options

A 2 different themed wedding?

I'm getting married in October of 2013. We have a venue in VA at a vineyard with a beautiful mountain backdrop. We want our ceremony to be simple and sweet and just let nature do the decorating. For our reception, however, we're renting a nice tent and want it to be crazy extravagant. We've talked about a masquerade ball and glitzy old Hollywood. Are the ceremony and reception too different to work?

Re: A 2 different themed wedding?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_luxury-weddings_a-2-different-themed-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:361381ea-42c9-44e7-b994-d26049874781Discussion:2b0532e3-0fcd-4255-be14-9280c3901666Post:d73bd950-a395-45c7-bed5-9feb1417a4c8">A 2 different themed wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting married in October of 2013. We have a venue in VA at a vineyard with a beautiful mountain backdrop. We want our ceremony to be simple and sweet and just let nature do the decorating. For our reception, however, we're renting a nice tent and want it to be crazy extravagant. We've talked about a masquerade ball and glitzy old Hollywood. Are the ceremony and reception too different to work?
    Posted by lovemysoldier74[/QUOTE]
    No, you cant really do any of those things are the ceremony. The reception is to have fun and party. I love your idea. I think it will be so much fun. Go for it for the reception and let the ceremony be simple and plain.
  • Options
    I agree with the PP. I LOVE this idea and the ceremony and reception can absolutely have 2 different atmospheres.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards