African American Weddings

My fiance doesn't dance...

Since he doesn't dance would it be rude for me to dance at our reception without him?  I love dancing and I know I am gonna want to blow off some steam by dancing.

Re: My fiance doesn't dance...

• msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it would be rude to dance without him. Just make sure to spend some time with him too. He may surprise you and actually dance at the reception
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • TNMurrayTNMurray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only time my FI has every danced with me was at weddings so you may be surprised, I know I was. So although mine doesn't dance he knows I have no problem getting onthe dance floor with out him. Im sure he will get out there at least once.
  • edited December 2011
    My FI is not a big dancer either. What about a two-step? Thats exactly what he will probably be doing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_fiance-doesnt-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:356e5ae0-fa79-4d06-9b3c-f778b0f3b914Post:7ad67604-e425-4561-a36e-c3e6f6e3b6a6">Re: My fiance doesn't dance...</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI is not a big dancer either. What about a two-step? Thats exactly what he will probably be doing.
    Posted by playgirl28[/QUOTE]

lol @ two step...I've been trying to get him to dance at home too.  We are thinking about dance lessons. The truth is, he can't dance.
  • msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_fiance-doesnt-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:356e5ae0-fa79-4d06-9b3c-f778b0f3b914Post:7961bcf7-cea0-48b1-9558-4cf289a2b08c">Re: My fiance doesn't dance...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My fiance doesn't dance... : lol @ two step...I've been trying to get him to dance at home too.  We are thinking about dance lessons. <strong>The truth is, he can't dance.
    </strong>Posted by lisaandcorey[/QUOTE]

My FI can't dance either! That doesn't stop him from getting on the dance floor and embarrassing himself! He just mastered the "swag surf".... I hope he doesn't plan to do that all night at the reception
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Lucky for me my FI is a DAN-CER lol! Idk if your FI drinks (mine doesn't) but maybe after a shot or two he'll start to dance?!?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_fiance-doesnt-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:356e5ae0-fa79-4d06-9b3c-f778b0f3b914Post:b595b894-c5bd-4065-bc70-89ffcb162aa9">Re: My fiance doesn't dance...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My fiance doesn't dance... : My FI can't dance either! That doesn't stop him from getting on the dance floor and embarrassing himself! He just mastered the "swag surf".... I hope he doesn't plan to do that all night at the reception
    Posted by msapril0730[/QUOTE]

LOL swag surf my FI has no rythm at all and neither does any of the men in his family So I am sure he will dance a few songs with me and step all over my feet and be so off beat but its cool I love him anyway.

He just learned how to Dougie so I am sure he will be doing that (as off beat as he is) on the dance floor to every song! Gotta love him!
  • cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_fiance-doesnt-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:356e5ae0-fa79-4d06-9b3c-f778b0f3b914Post:560b11bb-795b-43f8-b4ca-6d1861599005">Re: My fiance doesn't dance...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lucky for me my FI is a DAN-CER lol! Idk if your FI drinks (mine doesn't) but maybe after a shot or two he'll start to dance?!?
    Posted by asabb[/QUOTE]

This is my FI exactly!  I am more worried about keeping up with him at the reception!  I think we are going to take Detroit ballroom classes so we can do that at some point during the night (not for our first dance, the song isn't right for that type of dancing). 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • cyndoncyndon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine does not dance either, so I know how you are feeling.  He said he will do the customary bride and groom dance, but that's it.  He knows that I am going to be out there and he doesn't mind.  I would probably keel over from shock if he actually does do more dancing than he said he would.  Your FI may surprise you. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm in the same boat. My FI doesn't dance and doesn't like all kinds of attention -but he has promised to do our first slow dance together as husband and wife and 1 - just one fast song - but like many of you it will be a 2 step as well ...LOL - I'll take what I can get.

We've been practicing at home and he's getting into it - Thank God! He knows l like to dance and will be on the floor at times with my family and friends and he's just fine with that.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm thinking about dance lessons to - if we can fit it in the budget which is already bursting at the seams!!!

We plan to do the first dance as husband and wife, but I will be in shock if he dances to a fast song!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards