Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Finally got my Mia

i haven't used it yet cause I'm wondering how much cleanser do you put on the brush? I don't want to put too much or too little. I also bought the purity made simple cleanser. I never used it before but hope it works wonders.
~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary

Re: Finally got my Mia

• Options
    This. I have also found it is better for me to put the cleanser on my face instead of directly on the brush. Helps it spread all over that way. When I was applying it to the brush I was running out of cleanser by the time I got to my 2nd to last facial area.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Great thanks! I tried it last nightnand noticed I ran out of cleanser also!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    Jealous!
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • Options
    I have the regular clarisonic. I put about a quarter size amount on my hand and rub the brush around in it.  I never have a problem with it running out.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_finally-got-mia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:68662101-5843-439f-92b8-e20ddd52f7c9Post:6141ce9b-f000-4381-90e5-a8c7a563b19f">Re: Finally got my Mia</a>:
    [QUOTE]This. I have also found it is better for me to put the cleanser on my face instead of directly on the brush.
    Posted by bbuckner984[/QUOTE]

This.  I've heard amazing things about the Purity cleaner with the mia!  My skin sucks, so Murad's acne line is the only thing that helps.
  • Options
    I have the Mia and I love it. A quarter-sized dollop of cleanser is all I use, squirt directly onto the brush head. One thing I was surprised to discover was the 'purging period'. I work with the rep and she told me (haha after I was already going thru the purging period) that it's normal for yoru skin to break out a little for 3-4 weeks initially because the brush is exposing and uncovering blocked pores, pulsing dirt & grime to the surface. She assured me that if I kept up with it, it'd all go away and it did! My whole office bought Mia's together and we all experienced the purging, a necessary evil ;-) Love the Mia!!
  • Options
    I don't have the Mia, but I have the Olay Pro-X (wanted to try that before spending a ton of money on the Mia).  I bought Philosophy's Purity cleanser to use with it.  I absolutely LOVE it!  My skin has been so soft and clear.  I normally wet my face, put a small amount of Purity on my face, wet the brush, clean at the lower speed for about 30 seconds, then clean at the higher speed for another 30 seconds.  

I'm definitely impressed with the Pro-X so far.  Do you ladies think the Mia is better?  Should I upgrade?
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I use my fingers/hands to first lather up my face with my cleanser, then I rinse.  THEN I put the same amount of cleanser on my Mia and go to town for the 60 seconds.  Since I've already removed a majority of the makeup, I feel like the Mia can do a better job.

My skin never really had a purging period like so many talked about.  Be sure you don't push onto your skin with the Mia, let it just glide in circles without the pressure.  Enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards