New Jersey - South

Venues for beach ceremony/reception

Hi Ladies
I am looking for any suggestions on venues that will accomodate a ceremony on the beach followed by a reception.  We are looking to keep the cost under $100 per person.  We are only going to have 65-75 guests and one of the problems I have found is that we don't meet the minimum number of people at alot of places. 
Some sites we are considering are the Waterview Pavillion (Belmar), Grand Victorian (Spring Lake), Spanos at the White Sands (Pt Pleasant), Spring Lake Inn (spring Lake) and Breakers on the Ocean (Spring Lake). Has anyone had any experience or comments about any of these places, or suggestions for others?

Thanks so much!

Re: Venues for beach ceremony/reception

• edited December 2011
    From Philly you aren't too far from the Atlantic City area either...

If interested, Laguna Grill in Brigintine is located right on the beach and they'll set up the ceremony in the sand and then you can walk into the restaurant area.  They are in your budget also.  http://www.lagunagrill.com/

All of the others I had looked into are over $100 per head (Ocean City Yacht Club on bay, Flanders Hotel in Ocean City, etc)
  • jerseygirl270jerseygirl270 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestion.  The Laguna Grill looks like it may have what we are looking for....I'm just waiting to hear back from them about the details.
  • Nikki83185Nikki83185 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard great things about Laguna Grill
    We are having our rehersal dinner at Breakers in Spring Lake as our wedding is in Monmouth County
  • edited December 2011

We visited Breakers and were not impressed.  You need a lot of people to have a Saturday night wedding (most places we looked at the beach had huge requirements for at night) and the lady there told us "I have twelve other people I am meeting with this weekend".  She had no interest in our business.  Plus they will only set up the wedding on their tiny gazebo, not the beach.  We told them we wanted it on the beach and she said we'd have to make our own arrangements for that with the town.

• jerseygirl270jerseygirl270 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks daysleeper.  In looking around some more, it seems as though there are more negative comments about Breakers than positive ones.  I'll keep searching!
  • edited December 2011
    In Stone Harbor there is a women's civic club building right on the beach that holds around 125 people. I think its around $800 for the rental which includes tables and chairs. They have hardwood floors and a spot for a band or dj. I was thinking of having my wedding there. I would just have to pick a caterer and then alot of liquor stores have wedding packages that can be purchased. Any unused alcohol can be returned as long as the bottles aren't opened.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards