Indiana

SE Indiana ceremony locations. Please help!!

I really need help!  I am getting married in Southeastern Indiana (Decatur/Ripley county area) on Oct 1.  I do not want a church wedding, and I cannot figure out another location to have the ceremony.  I'm not opposed to an outside site, but there needs to be enough parking (for 150 people).  If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it!
Thanks!!!!

Re: SE Indiana ceremony locations. Please help!!

• edited December 2011
    maybe the local state parks. I'm from Vevay so I have looked at Clifty and they have a beautiful lodge for big events maybe something in your area like that. Also our local mansions and historical homes rent out for big events you may have something like that to look at just some suggestions
  • dhltonsoffundhltonsoffun member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm from Ripley county too! I need help finding a reception location, talk about impossible at this point... My wedding day is October 1st too!!! I would check out Versailles State Park, or WalhillFarm.com it's in Batesville... I'm pretty sure that they offer a wedding location as well as a spot for your reception... It's soooo hard trying to find places around here! i don't know if you've checked out the Starlight Reception Hall, but i believe that they offer a wedding site along with the reception... I'd give em a call!
  • asunderhausasunderhaus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My brother lives near Versailles State Park...it is a pretty place. I actually live in Cincinnati, but I grew up in Brookville. I was thinking of maybe trying to have my wedding in Metamora, but not sure who I would need to contact to see if I would need permission (I think it is state-owned property except for the actual shops). My mom grew up there and is really enamored with the idea of me arriving at the wedding site in a horse-drawn carriage (which they do have in town). I am trying to see what other options there may be for an outside wedding in the area...probably in May 2012, but I am finding it kind of hard. Any tips for the best way to search for this kind of thing?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards