Flowers

flower colors for Jan wedding

Hi,
We are getting married in January (indoors) and planning a Moroccan style decorated wedding. Our wedding colors are crimson, orange & saffron gold. I was talking to the florist & she is trying to steer me away from the orange saying it is more of a fall color and not appropriate to January. 
Thoughts? Do you agree we need to switch out the orange for something else or does it work because it is in our theme?
Thanks

Re: flower colors for Jan wedding

• Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    You can have whatever color scheme you want at any time of the year.  My friend is thinking about getting married in October but wants a pink and green wedding...she thought this would be weird given the time of year but I told her that just because it is fall does not mean that she needs to have pumpkins, turkeys, and dried up leaves everywhere.  Same goes for you...just because you are getting married in January doesn't mean that you need to have a winter wonderland theme wedding.  I would tell your florist that these are the colors you like and if she still tries to talk you out of it, go to another florist.

• soozy87soozy87 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. You can have whatever colors you want!
    ~May 21,2011~
  • edited December 2011
    Stick to your theme.  Florist sometimes have strange ideas, I should know, I've been a floral designer for 45 years.  There is no such thing as seaonal colours when it comes to weddings.  Bunches Bob
    Bunches Bob "Have Fun With Those Blooms"
  • katwed2012katwed2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's your wedding... you can decide whatever color theme you want !
  • edited December 2011
    Sure your colours don't scream "January" in North America, but that's because you're basing your palette and decor on a totally different part of the world with a different climate. Your florist is being narrow-minded IMHO. Maybe you need a different florist who is going to be on board with your ideas and be a little more open and creative?

There is nothing wrong with having organge flowers if that is the colour scheme you're after.

I'm sure it will actually be a refreshing burst of interesting colour for all your guests who will be sick of poinsettas and mistletoe and the obvious snowy white by then...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards