Moms and Maids

Bridesmaids dress shop help

Hello everyone,
  I am having trouble finding shops that carry a good amount of bridemaid dresses.  My bridesmaids are from a size 2-22 so I am looking for a shop that has a bigger range of sizes.  I am hoping to go with a long dress that is straight across/strapless with some ruching across the mid section.  So overall im looking for some ideas on where to shop on the South shore.  any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you!!

Re: Bridesmaids dress shop help

• I don't know the Boston area, so I don't know about the South Shore, but as a plus-size bride, I second Alfred Angelo.  You can find local retailers here: http://www.alfredangelo.com/stores/storelocator.aspx

Their signature stores in particular are great about carrying a range of sample sizes, and there's one in Dedham:
     771 Providence Highway
    Dedham, MA 02026

(781) 461-0004
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I third Alfred Angelo.  They have many dresses in the style that you described and like PP stated they offer a wide range of sizes that can be tried on by your BMs.

• Note that it's really hard for anyone with an A cup to wear strapless. I'm a size 2 and can't. The biggest lingerie shop in this shopping-happy town couldn't sell me a strapless bra. I cried with the saleslady laughed at me.
  • Totally go for Alfredo Angelo. My bridesmaids range from size 2-18, and we found dresses for everyone.  Plus they're all over the country, so its easy to coordinate with out of state bridesmaids.
  • RaptorSLHRaptorSLH member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    [QUOTE]Note that it's really hard for anyone with an A cup to wear strapless. I'm a size 2 and can't. The biggest lingerie shop in this shopping-happy town couldn't sell me a strapless bra. I cried with the saleslady laughed at me.
    Posted by ElisabethJoanne[/QUOTE]

<div>Do you really need a bra at that size?  Or can you get away with those stick-on cups?  I'm not trying to be mean - my body issues are different, but no one deserves to be laughed at for their size.  My sister is my MOH, and she's about that size, and she didn't express this concern to me.  She has definitely worn spaghetti strap formal dresses before.</div><div>
    </div><div>Most of the AA strapless dresses have optional spaghetti straps, but I admit they wouldn't do much to disguise bra straps.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you everyone!!  I actually already looked at alfred angelo in Dedham and they did not seem to have a lot to try on.  I liked 4 different styles and they only had 2 in stock and only in two sizes...a 8 and 12.  We did try them on but its tough for everyone who can fit in those.  I am heading to Party Dress Express in fall river this weekend because i heard they have a huge shop.

I also went to Michaels in Pembroke today and it was gross I do not suggest going there!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards