Pennsylvania

wedding wands

If you get married at the same place as the reception, do you need a send off? Would wedding wands be too tacky? Please help I have 120 days 'til "I Do" and I feel like I have nothing doneCry

Re: wedding wands

• benmel31benmel31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want them, go for it.  I am having my ceremony at the same location as my reception and we are still doing bubbles.  People will be asked to blow them during our recessional.  I really want pictures with bubbles!
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    We had nothing -- 

firstly, it seems silly if it's at the same place.  
    secondly, i have never seen them done "naturally" - you're always being asked to do it over for photos which seems posed and fake to me.
    thirdly, i think flower petals are expensive and wasteful, bubbles stain dresses (my cousin's $300 dress was ruined at a wedding when bubbles popped on the satin and left rings that couldn't be cleaned out), and other things are just silly looking.  (but that's just me personally)

Unless you love the idea of something, I wouldn't bother, personally.  I really don't understand doing something just for a picture.  If it happened only for the picture, why are you bothering to document it?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards