New York-Long Island

Post Wedding Boardy Barn?

Yes, my wedding is the day before the Barn opens in 2014 and Ive already had several friends suggest that instead of a next day breakfast I should take everybody to the Barn and do TTD photos. Anybody else agree that may not be the best idea?

Re: Post Wedding Boardy Barn?

• hah yeah sounds like fun and all but probably not the best idea. What is TTD? (I'm so bad, 30 years on LI and I've never been to the barn).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TTD-trash the dress  and it would be fun but I can only imagine the hangover I'd have leaving for my honeymoon on Monday. and if you havent been you absolutely must!
  • now that sounds like something we would LOVE to shoot. AMAZING idea....GO FOR IT!!!
  • Wouldn't it be really difficult for the photog to shoot though?  It's always insanely crowded.  Also, since it's a private business, you probably will need the Barn's permission to do professional photos there.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • It would be mixed depending on the crowd and situation. But you have to play with the idea and it certainly sounds like a ton of fun. Luckily they make these things called the (excuse the language) "Camera Condum" to protect against the elements (beer...and LOTS of it). Some prep work would have to go into this, of course. A little phone call ahead and some liability insurance should do the trick.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_post-wedding-boardy-barn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:120Discussion:cc9817d3-a40d-4c2a-b1e3-69efe6278cebPost:79c6a4d1-fa66-4fa8-b108-05b5532a22dc">Re: Post Wedding Boardy Barn?</a>:
    [QUOTE]TTD-trash the dress  and it would be fun but I can only imagine the hangover I'd have leaving for my honeymoon on Monday. and if you havent been you absolutely must!
    Posted by kdnyyfan[/QUOTE]

I don't drink beer so I feel like it would be a waste for me. Haha, I'll take a little yellow smiley face sticker if you get one though ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • By the way, what is trash the dress?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've actually never been to the Barn before but heard it is very crowded.  Also I don't understand the concept of trashing the dress.  What is the point of that? 
    Michelle Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:Post Wedding Boardy Barn?:[QUOTE]I've actually never been to the Barn before but heard it is very crowded.nbsp; Also I don't understand the concept of trashing the dress.nbsp; What is the point of that?nbsp; Posted by laxchick20183[/QUOTE]

I know! You spend so much money on it, why trash it? I'm keeping mine, probably preserved I guess is that what most ppl do? TTD sounds dumb and a huge of waste of money.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards