Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday Accountability

I decided to do the same as Liv and track my calories using MFP and WW points as well.

B: Greek yogurt (80c, 2pp), my egg salad (263c, 6pp)
S: Apple with LC blue cheese (110c, 1pp)
L: Lean Cuisine Spaghetti with Meat Sauce (300, 7pp), WW string cheese (50c, 1pp)
S: Banana (105c, 0pp)
D: Progresso Chicken Noodle Soup (140c, 4pp), grilled cheese on a sandwich thin (220c, 5pp), salad with light ranch (93c, 2pp)

Total: 1361c, 28pp

E: Run 1 mile (+114c, +2pp)

Net: 1247c, 26pp

Edited to add WW pp.

Re: Tuesday Accountability

• I'm so annoyed, I didn't go to the gym last night and have no time the rest of the week ugh.  I had a crying breakdown last night when I got home from work I'm surprised I got dinner on the table.  Poor BF is about to flip out on someone at my job.  Long story short, our manager is MIA and needs to make some MAJOR decisions in regards to our new system that goes "live" on Friday.  No one has heard from her at all.....Anyway, onto my accountability lol.

B-lo carb monster (1) potato bread (2) PB2 (1) sf rasberry jam (1)
    S-yo crunch (5) grapes (0)
    L-leftover cheesy chicken (13) side salad with rasberry vinagarette (0)
    S-clementines (0) cheese stick (2)
    D-leftover parm meatloaf (9)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • B:  1 egg + 1 egg white, 1 TBS salsa; 1 pc toast with 1/2 TBS grape jelly; 1 oz black forest ham, 1/2 oz gouda cheese (276)
    L:  ST salisbury steak and 4.67 oz skillet potatoes, blood orange (404)
    S:  pink lady apple, 1/2 oz almonds (162)
    D:  1.5 c. bean mix/veg/ham soup (203 approx, need to weigh the meat), 1/2 molasses roll (130)
    dessert:  fruit, ~50-100 cals

E:  either JM yoga (approx. -110) or 30 min jogging (approx. -215)

net:  approx. 1060-1150, although if I do the jogging I will probably sneak in something extra with dinner.

• I get it, buddysmom!  I work in IT right now (web development for the govt) and we are having some of the same issues... only it's the govt so it's a zillion times worse because management will never get it together!  :(

I never have time to go to the gym (seriously, my schedule is ridiculous) so sometimes I will just do 20 minutes of jogging/running in place while watching a show or waiting on a casserole in the oven.  it burns about 7 cals a min for a 120-lb woman, so in just 20 min I can burn about 140 cals!  maybe you can sneak in something like that... or an HIIT interval?

sorry it's so rough.  I totally get it and it sucks!  hug!
  • Aw Buddy, I'm sorry work is being a pain. 

Regarding the working out thing, I came across this workout yesterday and figured I'd share. It's a 20 minute workout and all you need is a jump rope. It says you'll burn 200 calories in those 20 minutes.

While it's not cardio, I've gotten myself into doing push-ups. I read somewhere that at the wedding, the part of you that everyone sees is your arms and that realization was horrifying to me. I did 60 yesterday. 10 at the gym and then 10 each time I went to the bathroom. My favorite part is that not only are my arms sore but I 100% feel it in my abs too which is another place I need a ton of work.

• B- mango greek yogurt with granola sprinkled on top, coffee with skim milk, banana
    L- lentil curry couscous with tomato, carrots, and onion
    S- special k cracker chips with a wedge of laughing cow light blue cheese
    D- homemade veggie pizza

E- barre workout
    Anniversary
  • I guess I'm going to start tracking with MFP. I'd been just kind of eyeballing it, but as we discovered yesterday, I've been about 400 cals under where I should be.

B: Greek Yogurt (160), 2 HB eggs (140)
    S: Clementines (105)
    L: Ham and cheese wrap (430)
    S: String Cheese (150)
    D: Baked chicken with french onion soup (331)
    S: Glass o wine (94)

E: Assuming it stays nice, I'll do a lap around the complex = running 1 mile (+135), 40 crunches

Net: 1275

I'm sure I'll find an extra 200 cals somewhere.  I have chocolate in my purse.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-accountability-23?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:edc05bfa-89d5-4022-ac1f-1b4176f6d2dfPost:7c8840c0-3d73-4653-bc7f-e456bc029f76">Re: Tuesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]B- mango greek yogurt with granola sprinkled on top, coffee with skim milk, banana L- lentil curry couscous with tomato, carrots, and onion S- special k cracker chips with a wedge of laughing cow light blue cheese D-<strong> homemade veggie pizza</strong> E- barre workout
    Posted by LaSak87[/QUOTE]

<div>I want. What time's dinner?</div>

• B- hot chocolate, oatmeal with strawberries
    L-lentil dahl
    D- postatos and carrots in rosemary and olive oil with some veggie nuggets
    S- doritos, may be some wine

E- none today

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-accountability-23?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:edc05bfa-89d5-4022-ac1f-1b4176f6d2dfPost:5fc3e82e-9875-4237-bead-c58adc3df06a">Re: Tuesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Accountability : I want. What time's dinner?
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]
    6:00, be there or be square!
    Anniversary
  • Thanks ladies for the support.

I like the idea of doing pushups after potty breaks, commercial breaks, etc.  I'm going to do that this week.  I'm also going to go up and down the two flights of stairs we have in our house for a half hour a day lol.

Can't wait to get back to the gym next week!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I RAN LAST NIGHT! I know this usually wouldn't be a big deal but 1) I haven't run in MONTHS and 2) I ran 2.22 miles straight, at a pace I wouldn't normally have thought I could run at!

I'm going to download MFP and try to keep track of everything. To the best of my knowledge, this is what I'm eating today (I have a REALLY hard time doing this in the morning, I wish we were saying what we ate yesterday, rather than forecasting what we might be eating today).

B: Bowl of apple cinnamon cheerios (240 c)
    S: 20 peanuts and dried cranberries (200 c)
    L: Pulled pork and 1/2 sweet potato (360 c)
    S: 20 peanuts and dried cranberries (200 c)
    D: Hot dog and chips (BINGO NIGHT!) (467 c)
    Total: 1,412 c

E: 2 mile run @ 11.5 min/mile pace (-225)

Net: 1,187
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-accountability-23?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:edc05bfa-89d5-4022-ac1f-1b4176f6d2dfPost:f0b8cd7f-b434-4a8e-93fe-8aa2febb2273">Re: Tuesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aw Buddy, I'm sorry work is being a pain.  Regarding the working out thing, I came across this workout yesterday and figured I'd share. It's a 20 minute workout and all you need is a jump rope. It says you'll burn 200 calories in those 20 minutes. CLICK While it's not cardio, I've gotten myself into doing push-ups.<strong> I read somewhere that at the wedding, the part of you that everyone sees is your arms </strong>and that realization was horrifying to me. I did 60 yesterday. 10 at the gym and then 10 each time I went to the bathroom. My favorite part is that not only are my arms sore but I 100% feel it in my abs too which is another place I need a ton of work.
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

<div>It is SO true. While not every part of me was perfect, there are definitely pictures where I just sit there and admire my arms (yes, Tiger is vain). You've got plenty of time to work on your arms, and I think that's a great idea to do a few pushups every time you go to the bathroom!</div>

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Day 2 - back on the MFP bandwagon:

B: coffee with cream & sugar: 215
    L: Sweet potato with light butter and brown sugar: 441
    D: Skinnytaste chicken parm and salad: 600

E: Hopefully making it to the gym tonight!
    S: If I do go to the gym, I will eat back those calories with an apple and some PB.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-accountability-23?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:edc05bfa-89d5-4022-ac1f-1b4176f6d2dfPost:f49e3f83-7954-42cf-9e5b-8737c835e4ca">Re: Tuesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]Day 2 - back on the MFP bandwagon: B: coffee with cream & sugar: 215 L: Sweet potato with light butter and brown sugar: 441 D: Skinnytaste chicken parm and salad: 600 E: Hopefully making it to the gym tonight! S: If I do go to the gym, I will eat back those calories with an apple and some PB.
    Posted by Hummingbird125[/QUOTE]

<div>I think you might be off on your potato calories.  Also, you might want to eat more protein with breakfast and lunch.  :-)</div>
    I french with my man
  • Buddy - *hugs* I hope work gets better for you. It's been like that at work for me too, so I feel your frustration. <3

Rdr - I think I need to try that today. My arms are probably one of my least favorite parts of my body.

B: Whole wheat toast w/ PB - 6 Banana - 0
    S: Turkey Jerky - 2
    L: Lean Cuisine Cheddar & Potatoes - 5, Carrots - 0
    S: Pop Chips - 3
    D: Leftover Turkey Tacos - 10

E: 40 minutes elliptical - +4, Abs/Push ups - +2 (or so)

I am so sore from working out yesterday but, I am going to fight through it.

• B: Banana-Berry Protein smoothie and coffee (297 cal)
    S: 24 almonds and 2tbsp raisins, S-bucks Cool Lime Refresher (266 cal)
    L: Turkey and swiss on sandwich thin, carrot and snap peas, grapes (356 cal)
    S: Chobani 0% Raspberry (140 cal)
    D: Chicken Chili Stew, avocado, sour cream, tortilla for dipping (516 cal)

E: Cardio X (400 cal burned) 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-accountability-23?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:edc05bfa-89d5-4022-ac1f-1b4176f6d2dfPost:b5c4e598-b7a3-45c3-b990-8c8a0aa6a52a">Re: Tuesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]B: Chobani 0% vanilla yogurt (3 pt/140 cal), Weight control banana bread oatmeal (4 pt/157 cal), coffee with skim milk (1 pt/26 cal) L: Smart Ones Mini Rigatoni with Vodka Cream Sauce (8 pt/290 cal) D: Rigatoni (5 pt/210 cal) with SkinnyTaste bolognese sauce (3 pt/106 cal) and 2 Tbsp grated parm (1 pt/43 cal). 1 c white wine (7 pt/193 cal) (Unintentional eating of rigatoni for two meals -- just grabbed the first Smart Ones I could find out of the freezer, and am eating leftovers tonight. Oops.) Totals: 32/32 WW; 1,145/1,433 cal E: 40 min dog walk (3 pt/121 cal) So here's my confusion. See above, I am eating exactly what I should be for WW (32/32) but I am low on my calories according to my calorie tracker. So what do I do? I am out of weekly points (though I could dip into activity points if I wanted to, though I wanted to save those for Thursday) so I don't want to go over on WW tonight. Thoughts?
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

<div>Fruits and vegetables are 0pp, yes? Add some more to your day for extra calories without changing points. An average sized serving of fruit is around 100 calories. Medium banana, apple, cup of grapes, a few cuties etc. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-accountability-23?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:edc05bfa-89d5-4022-ac1f-1b4176f6d2dfPost:b5c4e598-b7a3-45c3-b990-8c8a0aa6a52a">Re: Tuesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]B: Chobani 0% vanilla yogurt (3 pt/140 cal), Weight control banana bread oatmeal (4 pt/157 cal), coffee with skim milk (1 pt/26 cal) L: Smart Ones Mini Rigatoni with Vodka Cream Sauce (8 pt/290 cal) D: Rigatoni (5 pt/210 cal) with SkinnyTaste bolognese sauce (3 pt/106 cal) and 2 Tbsp grated parm (1 pt/43 cal). 1 c white wine (7 pt/193 cal) (Unintentional eating of rigatoni for two meals -- just grabbed the first Smart Ones I could find out of the freezer, and am eating leftovers tonight. Oops.) Totals: 32/32 WW; 1,145/1,433 cal E: 40 min dog walk (3 pt/121 cal) So here's my confusion. See above, I am eating exactly what I should be for WW (32/32) but I am low on my calories according to my calorie tracker. So what do I do? I am out of weekly points (though I could dip into activity points if I wanted to, though I wanted to save those for Thursday) so I don't want to go over on WW tonight. Thoughts?

If it was me, since I'm always confused, I would stick with either WW points OR counting calories. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-accountability-23?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:edc05bfa-89d5-4022-ac1f-1b4176f6d2dfPost:1b707ee9-b99b-4c39-990d-be789d751dcc">Re: Tuesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Accountability : Someone else suggested this on FB. Thanks! That makes sense to me. I still just wonder how the two can be so off.
    I've never done WW, so I have no idea. I get that WW makes it easy for people, but "real" calories make more sense in my head. I blame the scientific training. Either way fresh fruits and veggies are the right way to go. 
  • I didn't have time to eat lunch and now I'm grumpy.  Someone feed me plz.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards