Snarky Brides
Options

Mixed tapes/CDs

So I decided to sell some old CDs (remember CDs?) for Vegas money since they've been sitting around for years and years since the advent of digital music. I have a lot of mixed CDs from old boyfriends, friends, etc. Now I'm listening to them. Some of them are still really awesome. Some of them really suck.

What music did you listen to in high school? Did anyone make you a mixed CD or mixed tape? Would you still listen to the music today and appreciate it just as much?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Mixed tapes/CDs

• Options
    I listened to pretty much anythign and I still do.

One of the first gifts my H gave me was a mix tape (my car didn't have a CD player).  When I got a car with a CD player he put all of the music onto a CD.  A year or so ago he transferred them all onto my iPod for me because now my car has an iPod jack.  It still makes me smile every time I hear one of those songs.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I was just talking to my coworkers about this. I still have a lot of the mixed CD's I made in high school. Most of my mix CDs had a particular theme. The one that sticks out the most is the CD I made right after my high school BF and I broke up. It's filled with lots of angsty Dashboard Confessional and Our Lady Peace. Honestly, though, I still love the crap out of "The Best Deceptions."
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options

Very nostalgic, B. Some of these songs still make me smile.

I loved Dashboard, LC. Did you listen to Saves the Day too?

• Options
    I missed Saves the Day, but if it's anything like Dashboard, I'm sure it'd be right up my alley.

The breakup CD for my college BF included lots of Postal Service.
  • Options
    Yup. I still listen to the Postal Service too. There's a new guy out, Owl City, that sounds A LOT like the Postal Service.
  • Options
    Saves the day was awesome.

Listen and see (<--Click)
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Alright, I'm digging Saves the Day. I listened to some depressing fucking music in high school, in retrospect. This was a staple in my repetoire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cklb7L0OA1c. And this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2qerZ8KOrU
  • Options
    Ohhhh yes, B! I loved that! I used to sing that and pretend I was angsty. But the Through Being Cool album was my absolute favorite. Rocks Tonic Juice Magic? Remember that?

http://s0.ilike.com/play#Saves+The+Day:Rocks+Tonic+Juice+Magic:48109:s38347632.10433678.7353158.0.2.76%2Cstd_7f36e84e99804a1eb9c20cf48525cae6
  • Options
    Some of the stuff I listened to in high school, I still listen to regularly. Other stuff I just like to listen to when I was feeling nostalgic.

My ex made me a couple of mixed cds, but honestly, he sucked at it. He put random songs on there that were dumb or I didn't like.

I did get one mix cd from a guy that I kind of dated whiled said ex and I were on a break. It was awesome, but I don't have it anymore. My ex found it when we got back together and I broke it to keep him from hearing it. I regret doing that, only because that cd had some really good songs on it.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    MILF, I didn't recognize it by name but the instant it started playing I remembered it.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    Knew you would, B.

LC, K's Choice is a new one for me.

Incubus is still good, CS!

Some things I'm going through, I am not feeling. I remember Nico annoyed me for the most part, and she still does.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_mixed-tapescds?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f3f66c7f-0b73-4aeb-9ffd-9ea219d3e15ePost:53645dea-1b9f-4008-b338-c18d5fac36ce">Re: Mixed tapes/CDs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Man, I love Saves The Day, Alkaline Trio, Thrice, MXPX. I don't listen to them anymore though. I listened to Blink-182 a lot in high school and I still have the discography MP3 in my car. I listen to it almost every day. I got a mixed CD from my junior prom date. It had a bunch of Incubus songs in it and I never really dug Incubus so I tossed it.
    Posted by Champagne Supernova[/QUOTE]

Your high school music taste sounds a lot like mine. I can't tell you how many MXPX shows I went to back in the day.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I just came across a Less Than Jake CD too. I remember seeing Bad Religion at Warped Tour. 100 years ago.
  • Options

We had mixed tapes in college.

I think somewhere, in some box, there are a few Pika Party tapes still floating around. REM - Lifes Rich Pageant, Blister in the Sun, Why Can't I Get Just One Kiss (I don't know the name of this song, but I sure as hell remember dancing to it with Everclear punch in my hand) - it had everything.

Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards