Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Wedding band question!!

Is your eternity band supposed to be a plain gold band, or with diamonds. Which is more accepted? Which would you prefer?
He stole my heart, so I'm stealing his last name.

Re: Wedding band question!!

• Mine is white gold and has diamonds in it.  I dont think one is more accepted than the other...get what you like, youre the one who has the wear it :) I personally dont like plain bands, but thats just me...good luck!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • By definition an eternity band has diamonds (or another stone) going all the way around the band.  But I think you're actually just asking about a wedding band, correct?

It's all personal preference whether your wedding band is plain or not--think about what works for your lifestyle, etc.  (Unless you're really talking about an eternity band, in which case, I like diamonds all the way around because, well, that's what it is).
  • Ditto PPs on what an eternity band is. If you're just asking about a wedding band go with whatever you want. I personally prefer diamonds on it just because I like sparkle, lol. I don't think one is more accepted than the other. I've seen all kinds.
  • I personally don't like the way diamond-studded bands look; I much prefer plain, traditional-looking wedding bands.  But like PPs have said, it just depends on your taste, the same way that, for instance, some people prefer silver/white gold, and some people prefer yellow gold.
  • In our ethnic tradition, wedding rings were always plain, precious metal. In my religious tradition, at first they had to be gold and silver, then gold. Now there's no requirement. Ours will be plain gold.
  • There's no definition of what is accepted for your wedding bands - whatever you prefer is fine!

Mine has micro pave diamonds, but only going around about 3/4s of the way - no one sees the underside of your ring, and it allows for more leeway if resizing is needed down the road. Having the diamons not go all the way around also allows the band to be soddered to the engagement ring so that constant friction between the two doesn't erode the pave settings. 
  • It's what you prefer.  I opted for the thinnest plain platinum wedding band because I didn't want to take away from the e-ring.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • I really think anything goes these days unless your religion or a cultural thing says otherwise! I bought an antique ring that may or may not have actually been a wedding band... who knows, but I love it.
    I've had people say that it might have some bad juju or something but I don't buy into that Wink
  • Pick whatever you love! You'll be wearing it for the rest of your life! We have decided to go with a plain white gold band. We wanted them to match!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards