Iowa-Des Moines

Engagement Photo Locations

We are scheduled to have our engagemen photos taken in mid November.  I am wondering if anyone has good ideas of locations to have our photos taken. Our photographer is very open and flexible so I am wondering if there are any great locations in the Des Moines area that are great for taking engagment pictures.  Also if anyone has good ideas of how to find the perfect outfit options.  I want them to be fun and to have great outfits.  I just need some ideas.   Thank you all

Re: Engagement Photo Locations

• edited December 2011
    I would say downtown Des Moines.  There are some amazing spots in the East Village and over on the west edge of downtown by the library and sculpture park.  For outfits, that might be dictated by the weather.  If it is cold, you might want to make sure you have a cute jacket/scarf combo.  I did jeans and a sweater for mine. 
    Anniversary
  • ToBeMrs2011ToBeMrs2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with deregniern....downtown & east village.  You might also consider the botanical center too! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We did some in the back of the Art Center and downtown.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Rachael45Rachael45 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did ours at Smokey Row cafe and on the bridges downtown. We also did dressed up outfits (dress, shirt and tie), casual outfits (jeans and button up for me, jeans and polo for him) and then we did Iowa and Iowa State shirts for a few pics just at our home with our puppy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All great choices! I would also say Valley Junction!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • edited December 2011
    My friend did hers at Blank Park Zoo and they turned out really cool. There's an indoor waterfall so you wouldn't have to see snow-- IDK if you can get any with animals or not, if that's your thing.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow! thank you everyone these are all great ideas I will have to look into them!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards