Wedding Party

What are your BMs doing for their hair?

I am curious what you are suggesting or asking your BM to do for their hair? 
Are you letting them do whatever they want?

My girls decided they wanted to do the same style updo and I don't mind, I just think they all have different textures, lengths and so on so I doubt it will look the same.  I don't mind either way, but I wanted to know what your ladies are doing?

Thanks in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What are your BMs doing for their hair?

• My BMs are doing whatever they want with their hair.
  • They did whatever they wanted.  You can sort of see them in my sig.  Two BMs and I had updos, and my other BM had her hair down.  I think everyone looked gorgeous and I didn't have to stress over it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • My BMs styled their hair how they wanted. Some wore their hair in half updos, some wore it down and some had a updo. I let them choose what they wanted.
  • All of my girls are doing their hair how ever they want to. At first I wanted them to all wear it up, but someone on here suggested to just let them wear it however they want. It really is a lot less stressful...one less thing to worry about.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am only have an MOH (my sister), and I am letting her do whatever she wants. I am treating her to getting it done, mani, pedi, etc., but she can have it done however she wants. One less thing for me to think about.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I'm letting them do whatever. My hair stylist and MUA will be there for them, but I'm not paying for it so they don't have to use her. I'm assuming they'll all do some sort of updo just because it will be warm.
  • I have no idea what my bridesmaids did with their hair unless I look at my pictures. That's how unimportant that is. Let them do whatever they want. It's their hair and they should wear it in a style they like. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    I paid for all my BMs to have their hair and MUA done. I told them they could have their hair done however they wanted. But suggest they bring pictures of what they liked because sometimes things get lost in translation.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Whatever they want. Three are getting updos, two half up half down, 1 with short hair is just getting it blown out. I didn't even require them to get it done professionally - I really could care less as long as they're comfortable and happy.
  • I booked hair and makeup stylists for myself and asked my BP if they would like to use them as well. Totally optional. Three said yes, one said no. Now I feel kind of bad about the one girl who said no because she might feel left out the day of. On one hand, I want to give her a heads up so it's not a surprise, but on the other hand, I think it would look like I was pushing her to get it done. So, I haven't brought it up.

• two of mine had their hair done and three did it themselves. I think two had it down, they all loved really nice and most importantly, they were comfortable and enjoying themselves.
  • They're washing it? That's really the only request a bride should make. Rarely can you find a style that looks great on everyone, much like a BM dress.
  • i booked out my salon all morning day of wedding. i am paying for all my ladies to have makeup and asked that they pay for their hair to be done with at least a blow-out. i have them a 6 months heads-up in case they need to save the $20 bucks or so for a blowout. i've been to weddings when make-up was done but no hair and the girls looked like a hs basketball team coming back from an away game.
  • it's absolutly NOT an unnecessary expense. it's expensive to be part of the bridal party. people can say no to be part of the bridal party. i purposefully found a designer who sold cheaper dresses and let them know before they purchased the dress that i expected them to get hair and makeup done and that if they could not afford it, we would be okay if they wanted to just be a guest. then because of my finances, i told them i can get their makeup too.
  • I have never been in a wedding without getting hair professionally done. I booked my hairdressers to come to do hair and makeup. All of my bridesmaids said they wanted professional updos. Some want makeup as well. I would have been surprised if they declined the hair. It really is the norm in my group for the BP to get hair done at their expense. I didn't realize it wasn't the norm elsewhere until TK. That being said, I wouldn't expect all the same style, as the type of hair has to guide the style.
  • I let them do whatever they wanted.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards