May 2011 Weddings

LBV, degrea, uneek well any new home buyers

2»

Re: LBV, degrea, uneek well any new home buyers

• lol that is what  I thought!   but just the way something was worded made me slightly confused lol.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • TTiger03TTiger03
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Comments
    edited April 2012
    Our sellers didn't pay any closing.  The mortage will not cover the down payment.  Our realtor tried to tell us they could work it that way but the lender told us that is illegal.

She wanted them to increase our agreed price by the down payment and closing amount and then the sellers would use the "extra" money to pay closings for us. DON'T DO THIS!

---I'll tell Dave to be nice if you ever call him :)  

(He just moved to international a few months after the wedding though, but he is still in insurance. - He cringes when friends tell him renters insurance isn't necessary.  For only a few dollars a month some of those friends would have been a lot better off after floods and thefts.)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • tell he don't fear we have renters insurance!!!  (its required in our lease now, but was always required by me lol)

and that just sounds dumb tttiger.  I don't like your realtor lol!  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • I think she was trying to figure out a way to get us to hurry up and agree to something since they weren't going to budge and I didn't want to play if they wouldn't.  I figured we would just have to keep looking even though I loved this house.

Eventually the two agents (we had been working with the sellers agent but since she was selling the house we got assigned to someone else for our end) ended up taking cuts in commissions so the sellers had some "extra" money to put a tiny $1K dent in our closing costs.  - I felt bad about the agents taking a cut but our representative didn't do much leg work for her commission and the other agent was desperate to sell the house since it had been on the market for nearly 10 months with monthly decreases in price.  The sellers started around $25K higher than our final price because they wanted to break even.   They were about to move to renting it if they could find someone to rent it, but no one wanted to go that direction.  They really wanted us to buy it.
  • Oh hey! I am totally knowing about his stuff right now lol. I just got home from an interview with a real estate company.

I don't have much to add. Just to make sure your bank does not charge a penalty for paying off your mortgage earlier.

Thursday, May 5th, 2011
    Ask me stuff.
2»
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards