California-San Diego

Rehearsal Dinner for 25-30

I am looking for a location that is moderately priced for 25 for an early Friday dinner in May. There will be at least 8 kids under 12, a teenager, and well of course a few adults. 

I am just at a loss right now. I prefer the Point Loma/Ocean Beach or University Heights/North Park area. 

My normal go tos are just not big enough and I just found out ALL of the kids will be there <eek>!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner for 25-30

• Hmm... any particular type of food you'd prefer? What are your normal go-to's?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • oh we are pretty flexible. I'm just not into chain places so I was going to try my local go-tos but thier spaces are a little small. Normal go-tos are Venitian, C level lounge, Pt Loma Seafood, and I was looking at a few places in libery station. Still thinking on this one.
  • You could probably take over the balcony at Shade's in OB or maybe the lounge at Nick's by the Pier.  How many people can fit in the private room at the Venetian?  Miguel's has a nice set up for private dinners... Tom Ham's Lighthouse also has a few options.  Or get a taco truck and set up a picnic at Robb Field (you can still drink there and at Dusty Rhodes).
  • We are doing super casual for rehearsal dinner because we have so many people and we chose woodstocks pizza in PB. they have a backroom you can reserve. We also considered Slater 50/50 in Liberty station. They can also accomodate a large crowd.
  • As a follow-up....

I think we are ending up at the Adams Avenue Grill in North Park (near the ceremony site). I was trying to get it closer to where everyone is staying but I think this will end up working out better in the the long run. 

C level, Tom Hams, Old Venice, and the Prado all had minimums that were above our goal budget.

We also looked at Pizza Nova (adequate space but a bit pricey for what it is), Brigantine,  Venitian (which the private room holds around 20- and the sheltered patio is a bit noisy at times), a few places on Liberty Station- Solace was the main choice but the room was too small. 

So we're just invading a bit smaller restraunt and worst come to worst we'll head over to Nati's (an OB legend in the family). 

Since the reception is outside the following evening I wanted to have something indoors since a few in the group get cold easily. 

Thanks for all the advice- without you to think it out it would have been much tougher.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards