July 2012 Weddings
Options

2nd fitting!!! PIP

So, I finally had my 2nd fitting last night.  It is so exciting!! It's the longest time I have spent in my dress so far and it made me think about how close everything is!!  I go back on May 29th for the final fitting. I definitely will not be sitting down much in it, lol.

Pardon the seamstress's messy room.  She really knows what she is doing despite the mess.

And I chose a French bustle.  She is doing 2 separate French bustles.  The satin layer will be bustled underneath and then the tulle layers will be bustled on top to look like this.  Luckliy, I am not the first one in my circle to get married and the friends who are helping me do all the tying have a lot of experience.

Re: 2nd fitting!!! PIP

• Options
    I LOVE your dress! It's gorgeous and you look beautiful! 
    imageAnniversary
  • Options

You look amazing! And I'm doing a french bustle, too. I think it will look really nice with your dress style, too :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You look beautiful in your dress. I love it.

The picture you are showing of the bustle is that how it will look, or were you saying the part underneath will be bustled too?
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    Wow that is a gorgeous dress! You look so beautiful.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Options
    I love your dress!!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    ahhhhhhh your dress is so pretty and you look absolutely stunning! Congrats!!!

Can someone explain the difference between the bustle options to me?? Apparently because my dress is so pouffy at the bottom (it has something called a "bubble train") that bustling is going to be really difficult and I don't understand entirely what my options are...

but the french looks great on yours (even though I don't know exactly what that means haha!)
  • Options
    butterfly, I don't know the technical names but I'm having both types, I think. The layer underneath the organza and lace overlay will be bustled underneath, like Penny is talking about. But the train on my dress will be pulled up from almost the end all the way up to my waist in the back. So it'll look like the whole back of my skirt is lace. Here's a picture of the back of my dress (not bustled though) so you can maybe see what I'm talking about?

The whole bottom is lace in the back but it doesn't go all the way up to my waist, but when it's bustled it will.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    And I just googled it and found this, which I think helps.

http://www.projectwedding.com/wedding-ideas/bustles-for-your-gown
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I love you dress!
  • Options
    In Response to Re:2nd fitting!!! PIP:[QUOTE]I love your dress! Posted by hmacsine[/QUOTE]

Edit: your
  • Options
    Beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_2nd-fitting-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:86737b71-79e2-4883-966c-9733cf75b6b9Post:7fc68956-b27f-4b17-a1af-a6b54b82a1d4">Re: 2nd fitting!!! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]You look beautiful in your dress. I love it. The picture you are showing of the bustle is that how it will look, or were you saying the part underneath will be bustled too?
    Posted by Carla1019[/QUOTE]

Thanks everyone!!  I can't wait to see all of yours too!

Carla,  there will be 2 bustles but the one with the satin lining will be hidden and only the tulle one in the picture will be visible.  The seamstress wanted them to be separated because she said that the weight of the dress would be too much for everything to stay in place.
  • Options
    WOW!  Beautiful dress.. you look amazing!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    You look stunning Penny!! Love your dress! :)
  • Options
    Oh. My. Gosh. You look absolutely GORGEOUS in that dress! And I love the bustle - I think it fits the dress to a T. SO exciting!!!!!!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    aww it looks beautiful! The bustle looks good with your style of dress too :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Beautiful!!!! 
    Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards