Michigan-Detroit
Options

New here...hello! and what is everybodys story???

Hi all!

If it hasn't already been done, let's hear details!  For the newbies like me, or those who just want to fill us all in, give us your stories! 

Here's mine!

My wedding is coming up in February and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for snow!  I've gotten plenty to bundle up on, but Michigan weather can be harsh so I'm really just worried about my out of town guests making it in safe.

We've been engaged a year and a few months and I was so surprised!  Fall day, apple orchard....so romantic and unexpected.

We're having a tad longer engagement so we can save for our wedding since we're paying ourselves.  And I'm going on a shopping spree when 75% of my spending cash is no longer going to the wedding fund!  YIPEE!

So excited to hear from you guys!
Anniversary

Re: New here...hello! and what is everybodys story???

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What made you decide on a February wedding?  Had you always wanted a winter wedding and did you need to convince your fiance it was a good idea?

As for me, wedding is in 5 months (stupid ticker...) and I'm working on all the little details now that the big stuff is done.  Need to finish the invites!  We're college sweethearts who are finally making it official after living in sin for 3 years (much to the displeasure of my FMIL.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_new-herehello-everybodys-story?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:3b15bfae-28fc-4ec2-89ab-f02613f8f7c2Post:872d7dd7-06cc-4bf1-bd13-fa23b79feff3">Re: New here...hello! and what is everybodys story???</a>:
    [QUOTE]What made you decide on a February wedding?  Had you always wanted a winter wedding and did you need to convince your fiance it was a good idea? As for me, wedding is in 5 months (stupid ticker...) and I'm working on all the little details now that the big stuff is done.  Need to finish the invites!  We're college sweethearts who are finally making it official after living in sin for 3 years (much to the displeasure of my FMIL.)
    Posted by emarston1[/QUOTE]

Me tooooooo!  Living in sin....three years and counting as well.  Had some trouble finding a pastor that would marry us tho.

Winter weddings were waaaaaaaay cheaper for venues...so we both agreed when we saw the difference in prices :)  And plus, neither of us can last long in heat!

Are your invites DIY?  do your response cards have the peoples names listed?  if not, i found it helpful to make a little number on the back of the response card that coordinates with a list of your guests by number (1= Mr. and Mrs John Doe, 2= Grandma and Grandpa Doodles, etc).  That way, if they forget to write in their names you know who responded!

How did he propose?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    lisa89760lisa89760 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey!! Congrats on the wedding in a couple of months! I'll hope for snow for you! =)

My wedding is in 7 months-ish (8/6/11) My FI and I have been dating for 3 years...we met my last semester of college, he was already graduated but oddly enough we had both gone to the same high school and college.  We met through a mutual college friend of ours.  We got engaged in August at a Tigers game and if I ever figure out how to upload a picture to my sig I'll do that to show everyone =)
    August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_new-herehello-everybodys-story?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:3b15bfae-28fc-4ec2-89ab-f02613f8f7c2Post:2e1054c7-3e3d-41e3-9d38-aa59829e87c7">Re: New here...hello! and what is everybodys story???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey!! Congrats on the wedding in a couple of months! I'll hope for snow for you! =) My wedding is in 7 months-ish (8/6/11) My FI and I have been dating for 3 years...we met my last semester of college, he was already graduated but oddly enough we had both gone to the same high school and college.  We met through a mutual college friend of ours.  <strong>We got engaged in August at a Tigers game</strong> and if I ever figure out how to upload a picture to my sig I'll do that to show everyone =)
    Posted by lisa89760[/QUOTE]
    Was it a scoreboard propsoal?  FI really wanted to do this but I told him I would say no if he did :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_new-herehello-everybodys-story?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:3b15bfae-28fc-4ec2-89ab-f02613f8f7c2Post:41782ef6-0994-4cee-862f-a9c05eec013b">Re: New here...hello! and what is everybodys story???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New here...hello! and what is everybodys story??? : Me tooooooo!  Living in sin....three years and counting as well.  Had some trouble finding a pastor that would marry us tho. Winter weddings were waaaaaaaay cheaper for venues...so we both agreed when we saw the difference in prices :)  And plus, neither of us can last long in heat! Are your invites DIY?  do your response cards have the peoples names listed?  if not, i found it helpful to make a little number on the back of the response card that coordinates with a list of your guests by number (1= Mr. and Mrs John Doe, 2= Grandma and Grandpa Doodles, etc).  That way, if they forget to write in their names you know who responded! How did he propose?
    Posted by mikeynkrib2011[/QUOTE]

Yep, they are DIY and I will be listing everyone's names so there can be no add ons :)  Although I was printing them the other day and one of our best guy friends has been single for years and what do I see on Facebook the day after I printed his RSVP?  Yep, he's in a relationship!  Oh the irony.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_new-herehello-everybodys-story?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:3b15bfae-28fc-4ec2-89ab-f02613f8f7c2Post:2e1054c7-3e3d-41e3-9d38-aa59829e87c7">Re: New here...hello! and what is everybodys story???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey!! Congrats on the wedding in a couple of months! I'll hope for snow for you! =) My wedding is in 7 months-ish (8/6/11) My FI and I have been dating for 3 years...we met my last semester of college, he was already graduated but oddly enough we had both gone to the same high school and college.  We met through a mutual college friend of ours.  We got engaged in August at a Tigers game and<strong> if I ever figure out how to upload a picture to my sig I'll do that to show everyone =)
    </strong>Posted by lisa89760[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the congrats!!!  You too!!! :)

To update your sig, go to your profile, select the 'Avatar and Signature' section then upload your photo.  If you need more details, lemme know!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_new-herehello-everybodys-story?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:3b15bfae-28fc-4ec2-89ab-f02613f8f7c2Post:2269feb1-f9f2-497e-8f0d-c0a4573d3dd3">Re: New here...hello! and what is everybodys story???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New here...hello! and what is everybodys story??? : Was it a scoreboard propsoal?  FI really wanted to do this but I told him I would say no if he did :)
    Posted by emarston1[/QUOTE]

Nope not a scoreboard proposal!  Good thing too!  I'm with you =) He actually made a sign that said "Marry me Lisa?" and had our families their holding it so when I turned around it was there. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_new-herehello-everybodys-story?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:3b15bfae-28fc-4ec2-89ab-f02613f8f7c2Post:94d14ee9-5df0-464a-9935-26fcaa41fc4e">Re: New here...hello! and what is everybodys story???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New here...hello! and what is everybodys story??? : Thanks for the congrats!!!  You too!!! :) To update your sig, go to your profile, select the 'Avatar and Signature' section then upload your photo.  If you need more details, lemme know!
    Posted by mikeynkrib2011[/QUOTE]

Thanks I'll do that when I get home from work!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    edited December 2011
    Hi My name is Sheena and Fi and I are getting married 09.10.11 we have been living in sin for 1 year now and will be celebrating our 1 year engaged anniversary on Christmas eve. Check out my bio for the story. We have been dating for 12 years and I love this man more than anything. Summer/Fall wedding with chocolate brown and burnt orange as our wedding colors and I am exited to get into 2011 so we can start to make some things happen!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_new-herehello-everybodys-story?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:3b15bfae-28fc-4ec2-89ab-f02613f8f7c2Post:18bd1c82-8145-4873-bb7c-8ad38a14e5ec">Re: New here...hello! and what is everybodys story???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi My name is Sheena and Fi and I are getting married 09.10.11 we have been living in sin for 1 year now and will be celebrating our 1 year engaged anniversary on Christmas eve. Check out my bio for the story. We have been dating for 12 years and I love this man more than anything. <strong>Summer/Fall wedding with chocolate brown and burnt orange as our wedding colors</strong> and I am exited to get into 2011 so we can start to make some things happen!
    Posted by shesheduke[/QUOTE]

just LUV the colors!!!!  oh, and how cute is it that your 1 year anniversary is Christmas Eve?  I love holiday proposals!  Did he do it in front of your family????
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  I'm Sam, and my FI & I are getting married on June 25, 2011.  We've been engaged for almost 2 years now and so this has been a long time coming and I'm so excited!  We're having a garden wedding and indoor reception and our colors are pink and gray.  We still have a couple of bigger things to get done and then it'll be all little details from here on out!  I am actually getting super bored with wedding planning and can't wait to move on to bigger and better things (like buying a house, decorating said house, finding a new job, babies perhaps??), but I'm totally addicted to these message boards and it's the only thing that inspires me to keep up with my planning stuff. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    amyn1919amyn1919 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Ladies!

We are getting married 7/30/11. We have been living in sin for 1 year and got engaged last Feb. We met when I was going through a divorce so i wasn't ready and pushed him away.....but he wouldn't go away...he just waited until I was ready and I knew it was real love. He proposed when we were up north when we were camping under the stars,,,very romantic;) Our colors are hot pink and lime green. It's very wierd getting married again, but I love it as it's for real this time:)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_new-herehello-everybodys-story?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:3b15bfae-28fc-4ec2-89ab-f02613f8f7c2Post:f6032724-4bd1-4bad-bfb4-783a077052e3">Re: New here...hello! and what is everybodys story???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi!  I'm Sam, and my FI & I are getting married on June 25, 2011.  We've been engaged for almost 2 years now and so this has been a long time coming and I'm so excited!  We're having a garden wedding and indoor reception and our colors are pink and gray.  We still have a couple of bigger things to get done and then it'll be all little details from here on out!  I am actually getting super bored with wedding planning and can't wait to move on to bigger and better things (like buying a house, decorating said house, finding a new job, babies perhaps??), <strong>but I'm totally addicted to these message boards</strong> and it's the only thing that inspires me to keep up with my planning stuff. :)
    Posted by sammichele[/QUOTE]

oh yea, i couldn't agree more....i love the ideas people have, the stories they share and the joint venting/lamenting that brides can share together on here!

Congrats on the wedding and good luck with the rest of your planning!  What big stuff do you have left to do?
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards