Getting in Shape
Options

Intro and Thank You

So, I have been using The Nest for a little while now, but I recently started utilizing The Knot (when I realized how close the wedding date was getting!). A step in my planning is to work on my weight and tone up. I have been stealing advice and soaking up the positive atmosphere on this board for awhile now and figured it was time to introduce myself and give a huge thanks to everyone. I can't even describe how much help everyone on here has been. I have found a workout that I enjoy (which means I actually stick to it) because of recommendations on here and the nest. I also stay firm on my eating because of the positive encouragement and advice. All of the recommendations for MFP have helped to get me going on that again. I always seem to slowly quit using it, but this board reminds me to stick to it along with everything else. So THANK YOU!! You guys have been such a huge help with my life style change, especially getting through the first couple of weeks.

Re: Intro and Thank You

• Options
    Glad you're finding success! You should come hang out on the accountability threads we do daily during the week - it helps a lot of us :)
  • Options
    Thanks guys! The wedding is set for May 11th so we are really cracking down now. Last fall I decided to really start working on my weight (with prior disappointment from the only gym option in town) I decided to try out some workout dvds at home. I made the mistake of trying insanity. Don't get me wrong, it is a great workout and I saw awesome results, but with my bad knees my chiro wasn't very happy with me and I gave it up after a couple weeks. After Insanity I was sort of burned out and just got going again about three weeks ago. After extensive research I went with 30DS and LOVE it! I do it at least 5 days a week and I do long walks with the dog in the warm seasons (winter walks are not an option in ND!) My overall goal is to lose 52 pounds (47 more). I did not set a specific goal to reach by the wedding simply because I feel it would stress me out if I got off track. I am just going to work hard and lose what I can before it. On the food side I am slowly cutting portions and I use MFP. I also try my hardest to keep the carbs low (as a pasta lover this is hard).
  • Options
    Welcome aboard! Yes, I totally agree with the awesomeness of 30DS. Week 3 is by far my favourite!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome! Congrats on finding inspiration and feeling good about everything you're doing. Definitely join in the threads. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards