June 2013 Weddings

C & V Thursday

Confessions and vents...let's hear 'em!!

Re: C & V Thursday

• Confession: I am such a big baby when it comes to taking pills, I've never been a good pill taker at all. But I want to try to get my hair to grow out some more before the wedding and tried to take prenatal vitamins. Yeah, that isn't going to happen. So I compared the labels of them and Flinstone vitamins. Two Flinstones is actually pretty comparable to Prenatals, minus the Biotin. So now I'm taking two chewable Flinstones and a small Biaton pill a day. How pathetic is that? Lol. But I'm hoping it works!

Vent: I still don't have a venue for the ceromony and reception. The SO's family is working on that as it will be in their town, but I am getting so impatient. I know we've only been engaged  a few weeks, but this is like the biggest thing that needs to be done ASAP.
  • LadyLuck, my docs for my pregnancies mentioned taking 2 Flintstone vitamines instead of the prenatals if the prenatals upset my stomach or were too large for me to swallow. I've never had a problem with pills, but I have known plenty who have! Good luck with growing out your hair. As you are wanting to grow yours, I'm seriously considering doing a major chop-job on my past-the-brastrap length mess!

Confession: I'm having a hard time concentrating on the real world now that I have my venue. I keep thinking about vow renewal stuff instead. That may be fine in my down time (wait, do I have that?!), but it doesn't get the lessons taught, the papers graded, the housework done, or the meals made! Snap out of it, Julie!!

Vent: Vacuum cleaners!!!! Why the heck can't I find one that works longer than six months at a time!!! I'm going to have to break down and invest in a more expensive model, I guess. Bummer. :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Confession: I had a good talk with one of my BMs last night. I knew she was having slight money troubles and her mom has been in the hospital since July with West Nile, she should be going home within the next few weeks, but is going to have to go through all sorts of therapy, and my friend has been the chosen one by her family to take a leave of absence from work to take her to all the appointments everyday. She told me she is going to have a hard time being able to buy the dress. I told her I am more than happy to buy the dress and have her hair done since all the other BMs are and I really dont want her to feel left out. I flat out told her do not worry about getting me a gift or anything, her standing up in the wedding is her gift to me. In a way I feel guilty buying her everything and not being able to do that for my other girls.

Vent: FMIL. My mom has been trying to set up to have lunch/dinner with my FMIL for a while now to discuss the last remaining things in the wedding and who is paying for what. FMIL is at the point now where she is blowing my mom off. Her calls are going completely unreturned, but she still has time to call my FI everyday. I finally saw her the other day and basically cornered her and told her my mom would really appreciate a return phone call, she is like ohh I am just so busy. I am just getting really upset at this point.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Confession: I had a dream last night that FI was cheating on me with 2 girls. I woke up straight up pissed off. I literally had to sit there and tell myself it was just a dream. I called FI and told him about it on my way to work this morning and he found it hilarious how mad the dream had made me. I'm still mad thinking about the dream!! Totally irrational! Haha Vent: I have an exam on Monday and I need to be studying majorly but I work today, have crap to do tomorrow, have clinical on Saturday and then a class at Church with FI all afternoon on Sunday. Looks like I'll be cramming Sunday night!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • cnhelbertcnhelbert member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited September 2012
    Confession: I have an ethics test tomorrow and I can't get myself to start studying.

No vents today!
    June 2013 Sig - Shoes
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Confession, FI is going to New Orleans in November, and even though I know he likes when he gets to be a part of these work trips, I am really mad/jealous because both of us have wanted to go there together for a long time. We even had a trip booked for New years eve a few years back, but got a huge blizzard and couldn't get out of NY. We got a thing for a free room there, and I think I might plan a short, 4 day trip there in Oct so we can go together before he gets to go and see everything for work. Plus, he is going to ask his boss if him and another coworker can go to the saints game that Mon night, making me even more jealous. Vent, because of said work trip, we cannot do the Nov session of pre cana classes ay our church, because he will be leaving the last day of the classes. The only other sessions they offered were in May, and FI has a very hard timegetting a whole weekend off that time of year. So I don't even think we can commit to that one, and have to let them know by Oct 1. I don't know what we are going to do now, and FI doesn't want to go at all so he's no help. I think he thinks if we can't go, they'll give us a pass, but its not gonna happen. It irritates me because he is assuming this is going to be a very church like, religious experience, but its not and he doesn't get that. Everytime we try to talk about it, he gets all defensive and angry and wants to change the subject, saying things like they have to offer more than 2 weekends, and then shuts down and doesn't care. I hope we get this figured out soon.
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Confession: I decided to sign up for an Irish dance class and I told a white lie to my FI about what I was doing during that time.  He always gets so concerned when I try something new and then don't continue with it for whatever reason and he thinks that I'll quit our relationship because I quit whatever activity I'm trying at that time.  What he doesn't seem to grasp is that my ADD causes me to lose interest in activities fairly quickly unless they really interest me so I move from activity to activity trying new things but rarely sticking with something.  I wish he'd pay more attention to the fact that the activities I have stuck with are activities I really enjoy and work really hard at to be good at them.  I feel terrible that I've lied to him but I think it's better if I determine whether or not I'm going to stick with this activity before I tell him what I'm really doing.

Vent: My mother totally needs to come down off her cross.  She is constantly trying to martyr herself and make people feel sorry for her.  At our organization meeting last night she told me that Gladys Knight was coming to sing at one of her churches branch locations and she really wanted to go see GK sing in person but she couldn't go without taking a non-church member (I guess it's an outreach type event).  My mom started hinting about me going with her and I told her flat out that I'd love to go see GK with her but it fell on the same day as an event for the organization we were currently meeting for and I had already committed to sitting in an office that day to fill in for someone who was going to be out of town.  So when she started saying stuff like: "Oh well, I guess I'll just have to pass and maybe she'll come back to town some day," I told her to go post her request for a concert partner on FB.  She kept coming up with excuses why that wouldn't work so I told her to go through her list of friends, mark off the church friends and start asking the rest of the list.  More excuses why she couldn't do that.  I finally just had to tell her that I gave her a suggestion of what I would do if I really wanted to see/do something and I was sorry I couldn't go with her but I had already committed to this other event.

Then later in the evening the group was having a discussion whether one of our props was properly set up and one of the group members (who she doesn't care for unless this lady is doing something for her) told everyone it was not set up right and gave a valid reason why it wasn't set up right, which several other people agreed with.  My mom was the one who set the props up and so she got mad and took it as this woman was ridiculing her in front of everyone else.  Um, hello, the entire meeting was about learning how to do things in the proper manner!!  One of the other members was singled out all night and never got mad, get off your high horse and realize you're only human and sometimes do things wrong.  Learn from it and move on.   Now I'll have to avoid any conversation about this group and their activities until she's gotten over being mad and I'm supposed to go scrapbooking with her this weekend...all weekend.  And we're sharing a hotel room for this scrapbooking weekend.  UGH.
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_c-v-thursday-25?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:d9eaf600-322a-48bd-b59a-7ea983af683cPost:7aca39d2-b040-453c-8050-ba23a693b437">Re: C & V Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession: <strong>I decided to sign up for an Irish dance class and I told a white lie to my FI about what I was doing during that time.  He always gets so concerned when I try something new and then don't continue with it for whatever reason and he thinks that I'll quit our relationship because I quit whatever activity I'm trying at that time.  What he doesn't seem to grasp is that my ADD causes me to lose interest in activities fairly quickly unless they really interest me so I move from activity to activity trying new things but rarely sticking with something.  I wish he'd pay more attention to the fact that the activities I have stuck with are activities I really enjoy and work really hard at to be good at them.  I feel terrible that I've lied to him but I think it's better if I determine whether or not I'm going to stick with this activity before I tell him what I'm really doing.</strong> Vent: My mother totally needs to come down off her cross.  She is constantly trying to martyr herself and make people feel sorry for her.  At our organization meeting last night she told me that Gladys Knight was coming to sing at one of her churches branch locations and she really wanted to go see GK sing in person but she couldn't go without taking a non-church member (I guess it's an outreach type event).  My mom started hinting about me going with her and I told her flat out that I'd love to go see GK with her but it fell on the same day as an event for the organization we were currently meeting for and I had already committed to sitting in an office that day to fill in for someone who was going to be out of town.  So when she started saying stuff like: "Oh well, I guess I'll just have to pass and maybe she'll come back to town some day," I told her to go post her request for a concert partner on FB.  She kept coming up with excuses why that wouldn't work so I told her to go through her list of friends, mark off the church friends and start asking the rest of the list.  More excuses why she couldn't do that.  I finally just had to tell her that I gave her a suggestion of what I would do if I really wanted to see/do something and I was sorry I couldn't go with her but I had already committed to this other event. Then later in the evening the group was having a discussion whether one of our props was properly set up and one of the group members (who she doesn't care for unless this lady is doing something for her) told everyone it was not set up right and gave a valid reason why it wasn't set up right, which several other people agreed with.  My mom was the one who set the props up and so she got mad and took it as this woman was ridiculing her in front of everyone else.  Um, hello, the entire meeting was about learning how to do things in the proper manner!!  One of the other members was singled out all night and never got mad, get off your high horse and realize you're only human and sometimes do things wrong.  Learn from it and move on.   Now I'll have to avoid any conversation about this group and their activities until she's gotten over being mad and I'm supposed to go scrapbooking with her this weekend...all weekend.  And we're sharing a hotel room for this scrapbooking weekend.  UGH.
    Posted by lovefuzzies[/QUOTE]

Lovefussies, I do this and I don't have ADD at all! Life is too short to waste time doing things that aren't necessary and you don't like doing. I don't think there's anything wrong with trying new things whether they become a life long hobby or not! And it has nothing to do with your commitment to him. Sounds like he may have a few insecurity issues to deal with?
  • @Julie: Are you sure the vacuum is broken? I had one die on me, but it had just overheated. I cleaned it out, and after it cooled down, it worked again.

Confession/vent: I want a different wedding dress. The one I've put a deposit on is fine, but it's not "the" dress. The problem is, I can't find any of the ones I love in my size to try on. (I'm a size 22/24 depending on the designer) I've been in a deep, deep depression over this. I really don't feel bad about myself in general. I've weighed a lot more than I do now and I've weighed a lot less. But the fact is, there are some wedding dresses that I cannot try on, even if I was willing to fly to another city or have a dress flown in. It's just not possible at all. I could risk it and buy one of my dream dresses in my size, but if it doesn't look good once I get it, I'm stuck. Then there's always the thought that nothing is going to look good on me, so why bother spending the money anyway?

Cake! - June 2013
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Confession: I'm sad I haven't had any time for knotting. Boo.

Vent: I'm too tired to vent too much, but I'm grumpy about having a hard time losing weight. I workout all the time but I've gained weight since my triathlon. I'm getting back into training style workouts hoping it will help, but I'm really frustrated. And FI doesn't help. He asked me to go with him to get "bad food" when he got out of work at 8 last night and I went and ended up getting a big piece of pumpkin roll. Not helping my cause. Blehh, so chubby. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to Re: C & V Thursday:
    [QUOTE]@Julie: Are you sure the vacuum is broken? I had one die on me, but it had just overheated. I cleaned it out, and after it cooled down, it worked again. Confession/vent: I want a different wedding dress. The one I've put a deposit on is fine, but it's not "the" dress. The problem is, I can't find any of the ones I love in my size to try on. (I'm a size 22/24 depending on the designer) I've been in a deep, deep depression over this. I really don't feel bad about myself in general. I've weighed a lot more than I do now and I've weighed a lot less. But the fact is, there are some wedding dresses that I cannot try on, even if I was willing to fly to another city or have a dress flown in. It's just not possible at all. I could risk it and buy one of my dream dresses in my size, but if it doesn't look good once I get it, I'm stuck. Then there's always the thought that nothing is going to look good on me, so why bother spending the money anyway?
    Posted by sopraffina[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a gonner, sopraffina. I had an ex-vacuum cleaner repairman look at it. :( What I wouldn't do for a house without carpeting!!
  • I am a day late, but I have a confession/vent all in one. 

My mom had surgery on the 13th. 
    It was a procedure that had been planned, so it's not like we weren't expecting it. They had to take a portion of skin off the side of her nose/face. I honestly didn't think it was going to be that big of a deal, I mean yeah it was cancer but it wasn't that awful. 
    She came out of surgery and i was really in shock. They had to take more than they though, she was so swollen, one of her eyes was shut for a week. They took cartilage out of one nostril and had to put in a stint. I was absolutely devastated that day. Like looking at my own mother made me queasy. I felt awful about it. 

It took her so long to come out of the anesthesia, and when she finally did she started getting sick. Which in turn made me gag, and then I started crying, and then gagging was just my excuse to collapse and cry like a baby. It was hard, I was the only one in the hospital with her and I have never had anythign like that done. I was scared. 

We thought that it would be a pretty simple procedure, and that recovery would be fast. Well that was not the case. She hasn't been back to work. So I have had to come up with the money to pay for her rent, luckily we are renting out the condo this month and I was able to use the deposit from that and my saved up vacation time. 

It's just really stressful. I am so worried she's gonna have this giant scar across her face.
    She is healing though, they took the rest of the stitches out yesterday, as well as the stint, but in doing that some of her incisions came open so they had to tape it back up. 
    Why can't everything just be ok? She has been trying to stop smoking too, otherwise she could get an infection, so there is all this drama between her and my little sister, who is 14. I try to be the best sister and daughter at the same time, but either way someone is gonna hate me. I can't do everything on my own :/ 

I am sorry this turned into a novel. I just really needed to get that out. 
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_c-v-thursday-25?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:d9eaf600-322a-48bd-b59a-7ea983af683cPost:a0228d16-a70c-4f15-af00-c9cc16560352">Re: C & V Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am a day late, but I have a confession/vent all in one.  My mom had surgery on the 13th.  It was a procedure that had been planned, so it's not like we weren't expecting it. They had to take a portion of skin off the side of her nose/face. I honestly didn't think it was going to be that big of a deal, I mean yeah it was cancer but it wasn't that awful.  She came out of surgery and i was really in shock. They had to take more than they though, she was so swollen, one of her eyes was shut for a week. They took cartilage out of one nostril and had to put in a stint. I was absolutely devastated that day. Like looking at my own mother made me queasy. I felt awful about it.  It took her so long to come out of the anesthesia, and when she finally did she started getting sick. Which in turn made me gag, and then I started crying, and then gagging was just my excuse to collapse and cry like a baby. It was hard, I was the only one in the hospital with her and I have never had anythign like that done. I was scared.  We thought that it would be a pretty simple procedure, and that recovery would be fast. Well that was not the case. She hasn't been back to work. So I have had to come up with the money to pay for her rent, luckily we are renting out the condo this month and I was able to use the deposit from that and my saved up vacation time.  It's just really stressful. I am so worried she's gonna have this giant scar across her face. She is healing though, they took the rest of the stitches out yesterday, as well as the stint, but in doing that some of her incisions came open so they had to tape it back up.  Why can't everything just be ok? She has been trying to stop smoking too, otherwise she could get an infection, so there is all this drama between her and my little sister, who is 14. I try to be the best sister and daughter at the same time, but either way someone is gonna hate me. I can't do everything on my own :/  I am sorry this turned into a novel. I just really needed to get that out. 
    Posted by heatherk2489[/QUOTE]

Oh, heatherk, I am deeply sorry you are going through so much! You've got a lot on your shoulders right now. What would your family do without you during this stressful time?! I hope all this heads in a good direction for you real soon. 
  • Hugs to your, Heather. I hope she heels soon and things get easier for you and your family. Hang in there, you are doing and giving so much, it will come back to you. 
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Hugs and good thoughts your way, Heather. I'm sorry you've got all of that on your shoulders. Wishing your mom a speedy recovery and I hope things start looking up soon for you. You know you can always come vent to us when things get too overwhelming.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_c-v-thursday-25?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:d9eaf600-322a-48bd-b59a-7ea983af683cPost:3a9c0367-3689-47d0-83e9-faf7232ce242">Re: C & V Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: C & V Thursday : Lovefussies, I do this and I don't have ADD at all! Life is too short to waste time doing things that aren't necessary and you don't like doing. I don't think there's anything wrong with trying new things whether they become a life long hobby or not! And it has nothing to do with your commitment to him. Sounds like he may have a few insecurity issues to deal with?
    Posted by Julie2013[/QUOTE]

<div>He does, FI was hurt pretty badly by a girl in high school who trashed his self-esteem in the romance arena.  I don't think it bothers him often but there's just something about me quitting an activity that brings it out.  In fairness, some of the activities I've quit have been in frustration for not being able to get the hang of it but we can't be good at everything, lol.  I just feel AWFUL for lying about what I'm doing even if it is temporary.</div>

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh heatherk, I am so sorry you're having to deal with this!  I'll keep you and your mom in my thoughts...HUGS!!!!!  You're being a great daughter and I'm sure your mother really appreciates what you're doing for her.  You must be one STRONG woman for the powers that be to give you all this stress to deal with.  Hang in there Smile

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I really appreciate all of you ladies, I am sitting at my desk right now with tears in my eyes. 
    I am so glad I have here and fb to talk to you. I honestly think sometimes I would go crazy without venting. 

I hope that everyone has a great weekend and things start looking up for all of us. 

Fuzzies, gl with your dance class!
    Cnf, at least you're eating mostly healthy, unlike myself. You;re on the right track and you know it!
    Julie, You should spend the money on a good vacuum cleaner, it'll save you in the long run. 
    Laura, I had a dream similar to yours. Idk why but FI and I decided to have a 3some with some chick I didn't recognize, and he ended up pushing me away and focusing on her. OMG I was livid when I woke up. I was seriously mad at him. He still makes fun of me for it lol. 

June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards