Plus-Sized
Options

Need dress advice...23 days before wedding

Hi all,

So, I've come here to post because I feel like most of the people around me don't quite understand what I am going through so I am hoping that other brides here will or can get me out of my funk.

So, I'm a plus sized bride (even though I kind of hate that term - why can't I just be a bride?  But I digress.)  When I went dress shopping, I didn't have a very large selection of sizes to try on...4, 6, 8 were about the average.  Obviously, I am no where close to those sizes so the dress didn't zip.  The sales lady just kind of held it closed so I could get an idea of what is looked like.  Nevertheless, I found a dress that I totally fell in love with.  And I still love it today. 

The problem is, that now that I have a dress in my size, the dress does not lay very nicely in the back.  Let's be honest, I have back fat.  I have gone to my first fitting and the seamstress said there is not much they can do to change that.  It's just the way the back of the dress is made.  But it does not necessarily flatter my back.  And sure I can exercise and watch what I eat which I have been doing anyway - but I'm not going to lose that much weight that is make a big difference.  I have tried everything to make it work.

All of the my bridesmaids say that it is not that noticeable but I feel like they are just being nice.  I am extremely self conscious about and quite frankly, kind of obsessing.  I know myself and I know I will worry about it throughout the day.  I want to be one of those women who says "screw it...I am who I am and I look how I look.  shut up and dance."  But I'm just not there.  It is to the point that I am dreading the day and I just want to cry.  I know I am overly emotional here but...

AND - I love the dress.  It is my dream dress.  But it doesnt neceesarily flatter my body all that well now that I have it in my size.

How do I get out of this funk and enjoy the remaining weeks until my wedding?

Re: Need dress advice...23 days before wedding

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards