Snarky Brides
Options

Rosetta Stone?

Anyone use it? Did it work for you?

I just bought it on ebay because it was a great deal. Im just curious if anyone had success.
045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
BabyFruit Ticker
DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!

Re: Rosetta Stone?

• Options
    I'm ALWAYS tempted by the commercials, but I haven't bought it.  I hope it works well for you! 
  • Options
    I'm always tempted too. You will have to give us a review, what did you pick?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    My H has it, and although I speak fluent Spanish, he is now always correcting me! Ha ha, it works VERY well! :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rosetta-stone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:be33733e-4b7e-4410-83ac-ea153a6bcc89Post:7a8bc72d-8d1f-46be-9a99-76659a5d310d">Re: Rosetta Stone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My H has it, and although I speak fluent Spanish, he is now always correcting me! Ha ha, it works VERY well! :)
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]

<div>How long has he had it?  </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rosetta-stone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:be33733e-4b7e-4410-83ac-ea153a6bcc89Post:b3720d35-9d19-4188-b935-b75d2fecc499">Re: Rosetta Stone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rosetta Stone? : How long has he had it?  
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

Off and on for about 2 years. He has gone through 1 and 2
  • Options
    I heard it works really well, but can be pricey as you work your way up through the levels.
    i definitely would like to know if it's worth it. I would love to learn a second language properly.
  • Options
    I've been curious about it as well, you'll have to let us know how it goes!

I took Spanish in high school and college, but have forgotten a lot of it, I'd love to re-learn it and maybe teach C a second language while she's little.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Reddy- I bought Italian.

I got levels 1 and 2 (19 units, 210 lessons) for $91 on Ebay.  it doesnt have the books or manuals, but it says you can download them online?

Its new/unused.  Ill let you know how it goes.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My bff's MIL has it and loves it.  She speaks pretty fluent Spanish now too.

ETA: My school also has a subscription for the English one.  When we go back in January, one of my students will use it during one of the reading blocks. We'll see how it works.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rosetta-stone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:be33733e-4b7e-4410-83ac-ea153a6bcc89Post:0a5d7e1e-929b-46fa-9563-fd5cd468cffa">Re: Rosetta Stone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My brother bought it to teach his kids Spanish and they really took to it. He said it was worth the money. Eta do you speak Greek Blue?
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

I spoke Greek until I was 6.  My YiaYia died and it made me really upset to hear anyone speak it.  My Papou also stopped speaking it then too.  Since my sister married a Greek guy, his whole family speaks it and it makes me sad that I dont.  But its super hard to learn.

I can curse you out in Greek though, lol.  And probably insult your mom :P
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rosetta-stone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:be33733e-4b7e-4410-83ac-ea153a6bcc89Post:6402dc6a-b182-4ced-ad70-4aecddb6fea1">Re: Rosetta Stone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rosetta Stone? : Well the four letter words are the most important part of any language <strong><u>:). I'm sorry about your YiaYia.</u></strong>

Thanks, but it was 26 years ago, lol.  I have gotten over it :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rosetta-stone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:be33733e-4b7e-4410-83ac-ea153a6bcc89Post:0f09bbae-6fe5-4635-abb2-733b77219bf6">Re: Rosetta Stone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rosetta Stone? : I lost my grandpa 17 years ago and I don't know if I will ever get over it. He was the shiit. Coolest old guy ever. He was from Oklahoma and you could hardly understand him his accent was so thick. So what made you want to learn Italian?

I dont really remember much about her.  Just a few memories. 

H is italian and his grandparents spoke it.  Our parents generation never picked it up because both sets of our immigrant grandparents wanted their kids to speak english, so they never learned greek/italian.  I know he wished he could speak it.  So I guess im just thinking that I would learn it, lol, and teach it to our kids.  Either that or ill bomb it and forget about it in a few months.

H's best friend speaks it and so do his kids.  So it will be nice to have other kids who know it and can speak it to ours.

Plus, I love languages.  I picked up French pretty easily in high school and I can speak work related spanish with the cooks at work.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    oooo- Blue let me know how you like it!!! I have been DYING to buy the Arabic version for years. My mom is from the Middle East and is fluent but never taught my brother or I the language. Now I want her to teach my children so I need to try and learn too....

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    My dad did the Spanish 1 for work and loves it.  He also gets bored/frustrated/distracted really easily, so it must be good. haha
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rosetta-stone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:be33733e-4b7e-4410-83ac-ea153a6bcc89Post:4e7828ad-93a9-46b5-977a-4a4d80f066b2">Re: Rosetta Stone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Blue, BIL & SIL are getting ready to pass their Italian 1 & 2 on to us.  We can learn together. :)
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

FOR YOUR TRIP THIS SUMMER. :)
  • Options
    I wish there was a Rosetta Stone for Romanian. I tried using Pimsleur but it was all audio and I apparently suck at listening. I need to read. It didn't help that Raz laughed at me when I was practicing because I couldn't pick out and imitate all the sounds. I really want to learn so we can teach Sparky though. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rosetta-stone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:be33733e-4b7e-4410-83ac-ea153a6bcc89Post:bccc9807-b0b9-43e9-8370-0a5fb119731f">Re: Rosetta Stone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rosetta Stone? : YES! You get to leave for your trip tomorrow, right?  I hope you guys have fabulous weather!
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

First thing Saturday morning. :) But we're staying in ahotel by the airport tomorrow night. (Free parking, what?) 

and re: the weather. It's currently forecasted to rain every day. bah. It's still 80* though!
  • Options
    H and I have the Spanish one and it seemed good, but I didn't stick with it.  I should probably start trying to learn it again.  I'd also like to get the French one, we are planning to go to France next summer and it would be nice to carry a little bit of a conversation with H's aunts/uncles without having to have his grandma translate.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We have the German(older version), French and Spanish. It's on both of our lists of sh!t to do this next year. We learned enough French to help us in Paris. And the new one has the headset so you sound out phonetically.

I really want to learn the German one, I'm just lazy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used it for a while (until I stopped having time). I did think it was useful, but it can be hard if you don't know someone who actually speaks the language you are trying to learn and/or have a dictionary and some basics already, simply because they do immersion. You have no way to know for sure what they're saying at times.

But yes. Overall, I liked it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards