Wisconsin

Suggestions for a Madison area photographer

The lady I had in mind from back home is getting married early next year and is not taking weddings after November at this time. I am looking for someone that I can do both my engagement and wedding photography through. We're getting married in Monroe. Any suggestions from brides recently married?

Re: Suggestions for a Madison area photographer

• The Salty Peanut Photography (I love the name :)).  Bobbi is the gal's name and she's based out of Sun Praire and does an AMAZING job!  She travels all over the state and is super nice and fun to work with!!  Here's the link:  http://www.thesaltypeanutphotography.com/index2.php#/home/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • (oh, and if you book your wedding with her the engagment session is included for free)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I second that- Salty Peanut is awesome! We just did our engagement pics with her nd we Love them, Bobbi is so much fun and she puts you at ease right away.
  • We are going with Meir Photography.  So far we have been happy with the level of service we've received, but we don't do engagement pictures until next month, so I can't really speak to the pictures yet.
  • Salty Peanut did ours too.  She's amazing.

Leah Crubel is also awesome, and the two of them work together often (they both did ours).

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Thanks ladies! I'm hoping to meet with Bobbi in the next week or so!!! :)
  • You really will love her.  I went to high school with her so know her personally. :)  I was super happy with the engagement pics and my wedding is coming up next month so can't wait to see how those pics turn out too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi!

We met with Bobbi from Salty Peanut and LOVED her personality, SUCH a sweetheart. She has a very shabby-chic style, and uses a lot of soft-focus lenses. That's not my fiance's style, so we wound up going with a different option (below).  But, we really liked Bobbi and would happily recommend her.

We also met with Alison Halkey (http://www.allisonhalkeyphoto.com/) - she's an up-in-coming photographer out of the Madison area, whose studio is in her home. Really sweet, really fun couple that does the photography, and because she's up-in-coming, her prices are VERY reasonable. Very nice photos, very nice people!!

We ultimately decided on Meir Photography. Much more expensive than either of the other two (by about $1000), but we loved his photobooks and products more than either Bobbi or Allison, and for us, that was important. I also really liked his level of organization and experience - he seemed like the kind of guy where if things go wrong, he can quickly work with it and make it right. I'm the kind of person who will most DEFINITELY forget some very important crucial detail, and he's the kind of person who will either catch it early ("did you want a photo with your parents??? Oh right. haha), or work with it once the mistake has been made. He's done TONS of weddings, and we loved that level of experience. Plus, his photos were breathtaking and very crisp appearing, which my fiance loved.

A ton of my friends are getting married next summer, so a few thoughts on what I've heard from their photographers...

Captured Moments - I have a friend who is AGONIZING between them and Meir photography. Absolutely adored their personalities and work, and can't make up their minds. I think they're on the higher end of price-point, but certainly worth looking into.

And, if you're really on a budget... http://redleatherphotography.com/. She's a friend of my fiances, and is very talented. Has not done many weddings yet, but has more in her personal portfolio than se currently has online. Because she's just breaking into the wedding market, she is DIRT cheap (like $650 dollars for the whole day cheap).  Really really really nice girl. We actually never managed to meet with her because she was my last scheduled meeting and I absolutely fell in love with Meir photography and just through my budget to the wind (fail.. haha). 

Good luck!
  • I am going with Lola Mae Images. They are a husband/wife team, and they are amazing! They are also very reasonable priced, and an engagement session is included with the package. The day we did our e-pics was the coldest day of the year so we didn't get to take as many as we'd like. Due to that, they are giving us another whole e-shoot for free, which I thought was really nice of them, and totally not something they have to do.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ket ~ Oh my goodness, you are so wonderful for posting all of that! Meir is over our photography budget :(, but your list gives me some other photographers to look into.

leah~ How wonderful for them to give you another e-shoot! Weather can be so unpredictable and it's nice that they are willing to make sure you get photos you love.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards