Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

HELP I don't want to get rid of my account but I am sick of seeing my ex's and I's wedding stuff

So My ex and I broke up a while ago (6+ months ago) and I went into my account and changed my status from bride to other and deleted his info. But when I go into favorites or get emails his name keeps showing up... I keep trying to change it because now I am in a serious relationship that looks promising and don't want to delete my account but I don't want my ex to be on all my favorites or checklists when I do get married and use this site. (I tried to change his name to my current boyfriend... feeling a little silly because it's way to soon to do that... just to get rid of his name showing up.... and it still shows up in emails and my favorites) I have friends that are getting married so I like to use this site and emails to share ideas and look at what she wants but come on! 

Can't a girl get a away from a crazy ex?! haha Please help :)  

Re: HELP I don't want to get rid of my account but I am sick of seeing my ex's and I's wedding stuff

• Options
    Make a new account. Start fresh :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_help-i-dont-want-to-get-rid-of-my-account-but-i-am-sick-of-seeing-my-exs-and-is-wedding-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:ed29a301-e11a-43e0-9200-f0b2b5293d44Post:6ae4e7fc-fb61-460c-b683-f10be965dd3c">Re: HELP I don't want to get rid of my account but I am sick of seeing my ex's and I's wedding stuff</a>:
    [QUOTE]Make a new account. Start fresh :)
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]

Agree
  • Options
    Get a new account. I got really sick of seeing my ex husbands info all the time too....it was really frustrating when I wanted to start fresh and couldn't even plug in my email address onto theknot.com without our old info coming up, so I set up a new email account and then a brand spankin' new theknot.com account. Phew!

Good luck!
    Laura 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Definitely get a new account. You can "friend" yourself to make it easier to copy over your favorites and then "unfriend' your old account and delete it! =) Congrats on the new relationship!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I was living with a bf and thought we were going to get married. I had a knot account. Then he became horribly physically and emotionally abusive. I got rid of my old account and started a new one when I got engaged to my now wonderful husband!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with making a new account. Been there done that! lol No matter how much you change it, it seems to never, ever be 100% fixed.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    New account for your new life.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards