Wedding Party

Any Ideas For Making Bridesmaid Dress Shopping More Fun?

All of my bridesmaids and I are going together to look at options for bridesmaid dresses next month. I want the experience to be fun for all of us, so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or personal experiences they would like to share. I would like for all of us to go to lunch afterwards, and I thought of maybe doing mimosas at the bridal shop that morning. What are your thoughts?

Re: Any Ideas For Making Bridesmaid Dress Shopping More Fun?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_any-ideas-for-making-bridesmaid-dress-shopping-more-fun?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:05299698-2e01-488c-9c23-982f70dfc01bPost:d195f197-a4ef-401f-b299-9f896afebdcd">Re: Any Ideas For Making Bridesmaid Dress Shopping More Fun?</a>:
    [QUOTE]That sounds fine, but it really doesn't need to be a big thing.  I think the most important part is making sure you know what they are comfortable spending.  If you haven't asked them for a budget yet, ask each of them privately. ALSO, if your wedding is not until next October, don't panic if you don't find anything.  You have plenty of time to find a dress.
    Posted by Edie Bee[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thanks for the advice! I'll make sure to do that. I know it's kind of early to look, but my MOH lives in another state and she doesn't get to come home that often. I really wanted to get everyone together and just make it a fun girls' day, while getting some ideas :)

</div>
  • Definitely ask their budgets privately before going shopping. 

Maybe you could treat after with a drink or dessert when you're done? Though I don't think it needs to be a huge production. 
  • I only had 2 bridesmaids, so it was a fairly simple adventure. We found the dresses and then went out for lunch. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I would just add to keep a laid back attitude about the whole thing.  Don't expect that everything will be perfect, everyone will be in a great mood or have a great time, or that everything will go as you expect.  Someone might not make it or be late, someone might not like anything or just not be feeling it, or you may just not find something anyone really likes.  If you let that get to you, it will be a drag for everyone.  If you don't, it's still a good girl time day, even if the shopping trip is a bust.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_any-ideas-for-making-bridesmaid-dress-shopping-more-fun?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:05299698-2e01-488c-9c23-982f70dfc01bPost:e9e3f440-80e7-40fd-9dbe-2fd14d870a0c">Re: Any Ideas For Making Bridesmaid Dress Shopping More Fun?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Heroin?
    Posted by zitiqueen[/QUOTE]

This response is extremely unhelpful, irresponsible and not funny in the least.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I, personally, find your lack of a sense of humor and false propriety to be the only thing that is unhelpful and unwelcome on this board.  Women come here to vent, and when someone makes a joke you need to just get over yourself.  

Previously Alaynajuliana

• Watch Say Yes to the Dress: Bridesmaids ahead of time..It will make you feel WAY better about your own experience and give hints on how to survive it. LOL

Just have fun...but stick to your guns...
  • It might be fun if you don't put the pressure on getting the dress you want then, Maybe let the girls try on funny dresses and make it like a fashion show, but silly. You can get ideas but if you're not serious it might ease any tension that may be there, or just make it a fun girls day
    August 9, 2015
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_any-ideas-for-making-bridesmaid-dress-shopping-more-fun?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:05299698-2e01-488c-9c23-982f70dfc01bPost:a79250f0-0686-4844-86fe-47f2b0eecd6d">Re: Any Ideas For Making Bridesmaid Dress Shopping More Fun?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any Ideas For Making Bridesmaid Dress Shopping More Fun? : This response is extremely unhelpful, irresponsible and not funny in the least.
    Posted by denyse1005[/QUOTE]

Lighten up, Francis.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards