Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Montilio's

Anyone have any experience with them? Curious about cake cost, taste, etc.

Thanks! :)

Re: Montilio's

• ND2011ND2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input!  I'd love to see your cake.
  • edited December 2011
    We got our cake from Montillo's (it came with our reception package).  Our experience with them was fairly limited and everything went very well.  We called and made an appointment for a tasting about 6 months before our wedding (I was just anxious to get it done, but we could have waited longer).  We went on a Saturday so the place was very crowded, but we sat down with our consultant right away and didn't feel any pressure to get through it quickly.  We got to taste several flavors and decided on two - red velvet with cream cheese frosting and a white cake with raspberry filling.  They were delicious and all of our guests loved both choices (everyone thought it was MUCH better than your typical dry wedding cake).  Our design wasn't too complex (I can post a picture if you would like to see it).  We had to pay for a few extras that didn't come with our package, but those were only about $60.
  • edited December 2011
    Here it is  (this is the first time I tried to post a pic, so let me know if you can't see it!)
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I did a tasting with Montillios and it was awful.  They brought out like 6 cakes and some of them were so bad that they were inedible!  I didnt know if it was me b/c my fiance is not a big cake person but when I brought them home, my mom/dad/sister agreed. Be careful with this place! 
  • edited December 2011
    they are fine but kinda standard.... If you want excellence talk to Delicious desserts( lisa Raffaelle)   Other good ones are Creative baking company and the Casual gourmet in Centerville.  
    Have seen some slide and fall accidents with Crazy Cakes so stay away from there...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards