Military Brides

Can I freak out now?

The reason why I state that will make sense in a little bit. Now, when I started posting here, my wedding was in October of 2013. I was fine with that, seeing as we had more than enough time to gracefully look through this and get things together in time for the most spectacular day of my life. That all changed when my FI decided that he would be joining the Air Force. He has about a 8-12 month grace period before he gets sent off to basic training. Guess what's getting planned before that?

Now, I'd like to do the easier thing and go to the courthouse, get the certificate then do the shin-dig when he goes to his permanent location, but part of me wants to do something here with his family so the only thing we'll need to worry about is moving everything out to wherever he'll be stationed. I'm waiting for him to know when he's for sure going to be going to basic training so I'll be able to set a date, but it looks like it will be somewhere in July.

So, can I freak out yet?

Re: Can I freak out now?

• Sammy0709Sammy0709 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you were wating til 2013 to have your wedding why do you need to push it up?  Even if he is delayed entry (whatever they're calling it these days) for the next year, he would be done with at least basic by then and, with some jobs, his schooling also.  You may even want to experience a deployment before being married also.  I know that sounds like torture but it's something I'm glad I went through before marrying my H.  In the end, my suggestion would be to at least stick with your original timeline (as best you can working around the military), especiallly if pushing everything up is causing you to freak out.  I'm not sure if I actually answered your question...it's late and I'm tired.

ETA: If your screen name contains your real first initial and last name (present or future), I would change it for security reasons.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah it does, but apparently we can't change screenames... :(

Also yeah that sounds pretty darling actually. I've continued to think about it, and it does sound like waiting would help, but I'd like to be on his orders so that I could move in with him after he's done with his job training. Also, I feel as if I ended up doing the Courthouse Wedding extravaganza, then I'll be taking the joys out of planning a wedding, getting the decorations, wearing the "Future Mrs Weinershnitzle" shirts and other clothing items would be a waste since we already are married...
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    It's better to delete this screenname and start a new one that open yourself up to puzzle piece creeping.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards