Pre-wedding Parties

Using gifts from shower?

So I just had my first shower in my fiance's hometown (his mom is just too excited). I got some great stuff. He wants to open it all up and start using it. Do we need to wait until after the wedding or can I bust it all out now? :) thanks!
imageNovember Board Siggy - The Venue!
Photobucket
The Great Hall at Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Oregon
243 Invited image
172 Can't wait image
71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Using gifts from shower?

• Tradition (and superstition) dictates that no gifts be used until after the wedding. Logic would seem to dictate that it is difficult to maintain a stack of unused gifts cluttering up the house. For me, even after a birthday or Christmas, I cannot wait to organize and put away new gifts. I would first and foremost make sure all thank you notes have been written and mailed. If you have some space where you can store the gifts "out of sight/out of mind", that is certainly the safest route to take. If you decide to unpack/start using wedding gifts, just make sure that you are prepared/capable of returning any gifts in the event, unlikely as it may seem, that the wedding be called off.
  • Write thank you notes now, then put the gifts away until after the wedding.
  • I know how you feel! I got some incredibly handy and very much wanted presents at my shower and have been tempted to jump in. I do feel superstitious enough to stash them in the closet so far, though. 

• You open them and write thank you notes immediately.
    But you don't stash the gifts in a closet.
    The gifts are traditionally displayed in the bride's parents' house or the bride's house, in the living room and dining room areas.  See "Father of the Bride" remake with Steve Martin.
  • Don't use tll the wedding! 
    BabyFetus Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards