Chit Chat

Favorite part about planning your wedding...

Just wondering what are some of your favorite parts about planning your big day. It can be so stressful but there are a lot of fun parts too! Share yours here :)

Re: Favorite part about planning your wedding...

• I love how it's pulled friends and family together already.  People are planning summers with everyone so it's fun that everyone's genuinely excited.
    Anniversary
  • Not to sound cliché but I love every part of it.  I've always loved weddings so planning mine is just the cherry on top of the sundae

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited April 2011
    I have loved everything except the invitations part... they turned out wonderful but gave a me a really hard time. Other than that, it's been a breeze! The DW thing has really worked for us. We fell head over heels for our venue and when FI booked it I was beyond happy. I have absolutely loved going dress shopping and all attire-related planning has been awesome. Then we had the exciting wedding bands-related moment, the menu and song list moments, picking our dream HM destination has been kicks, registering even better... we're happy as clams, can't complain :)

edit - the best part is probably seeing FI so happy and involved... I can't even believe all the things he's been doing to make our wedding a reality... yeah, he's the best part, hands down :)
  • My favorite part was trying on the dress and instantly knowing it was the one.
  • Endlessly searching online for all the little odds and ends for the wedding (favors, cardbox, etc.), booking the honeymoon, and registering.  I say registering because it was the only thing thus far that FI seemed to enjoy doing.  Not that he isn't into getting married, he's just not into the planning so much.

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Planning the honeymoon.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• most definitely the fact that it all leads up to marrying my best friend... :)

the fact that we are marrying on the beach is also making the whole plannign process unbelieveable! and easy, i might add. becasue our at homr receptions is also beach themed, do you know how cheap sea shells are! much less expensive than flowers for centerpieces and decor! Tongue out
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_favorite-part-planning-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:496bced3-3166-4d64-a396-0a1f9417f119Post:b440e7d9-ef44-4afd-aaf8-069ac7dfd1d6">Re: Favorite part about planning your wedding...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am doing a bee theme. I'm also from Pittsburgh so I'm doing yellow, white and gray instead of yellow, white and black.  <strong>I am planning on having bees on wires in the flowers. My headband also has a bee on it.</strong>
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

that is really cute..
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_favorite-part-planning-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:496bced3-3166-4d64-a396-0a1f9417f119Post:32b17eae-3f86-4884-bd86-b8e6e5489c31">Re: Favorite part about planning your wedding...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not to sound cliché but I love every part of it.  I've always loved weddings so planning mine is just the cherry on top of the sundae
    Posted by Cynthia1207[/QUOTE]

Me too - but I found the guest list and seating chart a bit nerve wrecking :)
  • I love FI getting all cute about it.

When it comes to the actual planning... I love taking all the little pieces and seeing them start to come together to create a whole picture. Like, every flower that gets put into a centerpiece or bouquet, and at the end of the day all these little separate pieces have combined to make something beautiful.
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • I'm probably wierd, but I actually really don't like wedding planning.  At all.  I would've loved to just pay someone to plan it all for me and just show up to marry my FI...that's the only part I really care about.  But I did still want a nice event for our families and friends to celebrate with us, hence me planning a wedding.  If I didn't care if anyone was there or not, we would've gotten married in Hawaii or something.

However, I did sort of have fun dress shopping and I always love planning vacations, so the HM isn't as much of a chore as the rest of it.
    Anniversary
  • I wouldn't say that I enjoyed it or hated it.  I am kind of neutral on the whole thing.  It really hasn't been stressful either.  I guess I could see how some people may make it a lot harder than it needs to be but I guess it just depends on that persons personality.  I do have to say the best part was trying on dresses (have been wanting to do that forever and may still just because it is fun) and the food tasting because it was delicious!

• I love all the DIY projects I am doing!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_favorite-part-planning-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:496bced3-3166-4d64-a396-0a1f9417f119Post:275181fb-e749-44e2-b90b-f93b5868f2c9">Re: Favorite part about planning your wedding...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm probably wierd, but I actually really don't like wedding planning.  At all.  I would've loved to just pay someone to plan it all for me and just show up to marry my FI...that's the only part I really care about.  But I did still want a nice event for our families and friends to celebrate with us, hence me planning a wedding.  If I didn't care if anyone was there or not, we would've gotten married in Hawaii or something. However, I did sort of have fun dress shopping and I always love planning vacations, so the HM isn't as much of a chore as the rest of it.
    Posted by jemmini6[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto all of that :)</div>
  • Niiiiiice, ladies! I love the fact that my FI is REALLY involved too! I loved trying on different dresses because I felt like I really couldn't go wrong with any type of silhouette (even though mermaid was my favorite and now I'm trying to change the skirt of my dress lol) and also I loved finding pics and putting things together to create my dream wedding!

It is stressful ONLY if you let it consume you, I recently took a break from all the planning to focus on my new career and I found that to be a better balance for me to handle the stress..

Now I let my JOB stress me and not my wedding! lol
  • I just finished making a checklist for all the stuff we need to do for our wedding and I'm already excited! I haven't even gone out to look for ideas or anything, but I am worried about the whole reception place since the wedding will be about 3 hours from home. Making all those trips to see the florist and stuff I don't think will be that fun.....
  • My favorite part was when I tried on my dress with my mom's veil.  It was a really special moment for both of us and my mom is not emotional at all so it meant a lot when she teared up.  Oh and cake testing :)  The whole experience has been so much fun!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_favorite-part-planning-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:496bced3-3166-4d64-a396-0a1f9417f119Post:34ae2a3d-66b0-4281-a758-8fbb5ebd3795">Re: Favorite part about planning your wedding...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love how it's pulled friends and family together already.  People are planning summers with everyone so it's fun that everyone's genuinely excited.
    Posted by tayylor65[/QUOTE]

This is pretty much what I was going to say--especially with my mom and sister. I'm so glad they are a part of this just as much as I am.

Photobucket

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards