Flowers

are dahlias expensive?

This may be a silly question, but I'm totally clueless. I'm falling in love with dahlias and it's a little far out from my wedding to be planning the flowers. I guess I just want to know if they're going to be realistic for me. 

My wedding is April 27, 2013 in Northern California if that helps.
My Blog: onewaytothebay.wordpress.com

Re: are dahlias expensive?

• I look at this nice resource for some wholesale prices. I think it's going to depend on the florist. I'm not sure when dahlias are in season, but at this wholesale website, they don't seem to be too much more than others.

http://www.wholeblossoms.com/38-wholesale-dahlias.html
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They are realtively inexpensive for the amazing petals they are!  Very reasonable.
  • Dahlias are not in season in April. They are a summer flower, late July and August. They are super gorgeous in all different varieties and are reasonably priced.

I'd ask some local florists or nursuries when the earliest possible time to have dahlias will be next year. Maybe you can get some hot house dahlias for April. But I'd look into it soon if I were you.

GL :)

Anniversary
  • Warning, they are heavy flowers, especially for a bouquet.  Plan on just having one or two if any at all  Better for arrangements.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards