Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Venue- Please Help!

Hello all! I am newly engaged and am planning a wedding for April 2013. We are trying to pick a venue now, which seems overwhelming!
Our wedding will be in or near Kansas City.
We are thinking 150 - 200 people.
We would love a venue where we can have the ceremony AND the reception.
I really like the feel of "Hawthorne House" (bride & groom dressing rooms, large enough for our guests, it doesn't feel like a cafeteria/convention center, it has a chapel, and the pictures just look really pretty).
We are looking for something similar to this, but we need to be able to have outside catering for a "late-night snack bar." Hawthorne does not allow this.
We've always wanted to be married in a church, so we love venues with a chapel, or church-like setting... and we would love for the reception to be in a place where people can be indoors, but also spill outside to pretty scenery if they would like.
OH... and did I mention, we are on a budget! haha! Any help would be appreciated!

Re: Venue- Please Help!

• Options
    Congratulations on your engagement and welcome to the board! 

Most of the places I can think of, like Powell Gardens, that have a chapel, do have their our caterer.  But if it's just 'late night snacks' that you are wanting to bring in, some places may make an exception especially if it's something that they just don't have.  

I would ask them if it's a place that you love!!  It never hurts to ask! 
  • Options
    Hawthorne House is crazy expensive!  We are getting married at The Elms, and they have an outdoor patio off the ballroom.  They also have two chaples on the property, one that they own and another that you can rent from someone else.  They are both super cute.  I'm not sure what the price is now that they are doing to the remodel, but it could be an option.
  • Options
    Some of these might work....

Adam's Pointe Golf Course
    River Market Event Space
    Hillcrest Country Club
    Deer Creek Golf Club
    The Simpson House
    Longview Mansion

I would priotitize your "wishlist" since there may be a chance that there's not a venue out there that has exactly what you're looking for, but I'm sure there's something that can come close!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_venue-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:82Discussion:ccb6877a-712f-4322-abe4-c2705aacfb8bPost:c86837c6-10d4-418f-bf54-6269a8b90e45">Re: Venue- Please Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Deer Creek's food is straight up Sysco's pre-made crap with the exception of the carving station.  I was also there golfing when they were hosting a wedding and the fire alarm kept going off.  It was awful.  The fire dept was called out and their ceremony was quite disrupted.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Ugh!  Good to know!
  • Options

Im surprised no one has mentioned Loose Mansion? You should definitely check it out. http://www.loosemansion.com

;]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards