Favors

Tea and Coffee Bar Idea

I've searched the internet for someone who has done a tea and coffee bar (or just one of the two), but haven't really found anything. Our idea is not an already-made-tea/coffee bar, just our favorite tea bags, loose tea, ground coffee or coffee beans bar.

We thought of just giving everyone our favorite tea and coffee in little bags, but thought that it might be better to do the buffet/bar idea instead. Has anyone done this? Even if you haven't, does it sound like a good idea?

Thanks!
Kristen

Re: Tea and Coffee Bar Idea

• jcathermanjcatherman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that sounds awesome! I think doing it as a buffet/bar would be perfect. 
  • edited December 2011
    It is a cute idea. Maybe you could also have some of those spoons dipped in flaroved chocolate so that when it is stirred into the hot drink it would melt the flavor in. Or peppermint or cinnamon sticks. Things people could use to enhance the coffee & tea whent hey brew it which would also fill out the look of the bar.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • edited December 2011
    We had a coffee bar.  There was hot coffee (reg and decaf), flavored syrups (chocolate, caramel, etc), whipped cream, and chocolate covered coffee beans. 

The venue set it up and it was very pretty.  We had it at the same time we had our cake station. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Our photographer actually brought up this very idea. She saw it at another wedding and thought it was really cool.  I haven't looked into any companies that do it though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ">
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that it sounds really fun! You could have the bags/beans in cute containers or jars and provide the guests with fun bags or tins to take the dry stuff home in. I like the idea pp had about those spoons & cinnamon sticks. I might also add some fun rock sugar if you can get a good deal on it. I wish that I would have thought of that idea before making all of my favors!!!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all for the ideas and feedback! This is being highly considered (wedding is not for a little more than a year, so we have some time to push around some ideas).

This will probably be mostly DIY, if not all DIY. I'll look into spoons, sticks and sugar! Those are great suggestions.

Thanks again!
  • asialee2asialee2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yay I love that idea! Can I come!? Lol 
    Anniversary
  • JA2003JA2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am so glad I came across this, I love this idea and wanted to use the beans or loose tea as favors, too!
    I think that's a great idea about the dipped spoons, fun and easy to do!
    What do you girls think about incorporating this idea with a candy buffet type thing? Only, maybe we dipped pretzels, brownies, or other light desserts that usually go with coffee or tea?

"We should get jersey's, 'cuz we make a good team." Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards