Maryland-Baltimore

Pisces room at the Hyatt Downtown

Is anyone having their reception here or been to a wedding here?  The view is gorgeous but I am having a hard time picturing the layout.  Any help?

Re: Pisces room at the Hyatt Downtown

• edited December 2011
    One of our Knotties had her reception there in November '09, but she isn't on the boards much anymore.  I am pretty sure she didn't do round tables of 8-10, she did long rectangular tables for more people.  Don't know if it was due to the lay out or their number of guests, or both. 

Definitely go see it!  I wanted to look there for our wedding, I loved the idea of looking over the Baltimore skyline at night, but it was too small for our crowd :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.
  • MereFM99MereFM99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_pisces-room-hyatt-downtown?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:85Discussion:e2673ed7-eeca-4dad-a7c8-e422675966dfPost:3f0e8387-880a-473e-b9d4-da9e079ba9e8">Re: Pisces room at the Hyatt Downtown</a>:
    [QUOTE]One of our Knotties had her reception there in November '09, but she isn't on the boards much anymore.  Posted by SweetCFly[/QUOTE]

That would be me!  Ha ha.  I still check once or twice a week. 

Our reception was *amazing*, Pisces and the Hyatt were awesome.  We had an evening reception and our guests couldn't believe the view, it's one of if not the best in the city.  I would definitely recommend it!  I did use rectangular 8-person tables instead of rounds, to save space.  Let me know if you have specific questions...
  • KimmMason82KimmMason82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for getting back to me!  How many people did you have?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had about 75 people, so on the small side, and we had plenty of space.  All of our tables were in the lower area along the windows, but they'll put tables in the upper area near the extra back dining room if necessary as well.  I think they can accomodate up to 120, which might be pushing it- I think 75-100 is probably the perfect size for the space.
  • KimmMason82KimmMason82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for getting back to me.  We're thinking about 130-140 and I just keep having a hard time picturing how all the tables would fit.  What were your thoughts on the size of the dance floor?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I thought that the dance floor was huge, more than enough space for our reception.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards