Chit Chat

o yea..the dress!!!

i am getting married sept 14th 2013 and i havent even looked at wedding dresses!!! i am more excited about the bridesmaids dresses and decortions. however i need to get my dress and the bridesmaids dresses. what is everyones suggestion on when i should start looking for me and my bridesmaids dresses? or by what month should i rreally get my butt n gear!! thanks :)

Re: o yea..the dress!!!

• My weddding is the same day, but this year!!   I bought mine in January and it has worked out really well for me. I have had plenty of time for adjustments and for it to come in. My bridesmaids bought theirs in March and it worked out well also. I would be sure to ask the salons you are thinking about purchasing from to be sure though :) i wish you the best of luck :)
  • I believe you typically need an allowance of about 8 months if you order your dress that needs to be made (I'm not sure about David's Bridal, but at the bridal shop I went to this was the case).

Also give yourself a little time buffer just in case you don't find "the one" on the first outting. So, make sure you start shopping by January at the latest!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• If you get a dress from DB... 5 months is plenty.  Any other designer, you should allow 6-9 months.  Some designers (Maggie and Allure, for example), can often take the full 9 months.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_o-yeathe-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:b0f3b686-0d73-493f-8c70-295ca00d004dPost:da98a799-4a2e-4c7f-aa77-7340549676ba">o yea..the dress!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]i am getting married sept 14th 2013 and i havent even looked at wedding dresses!!! i am more excited about the bridesmaids dresses and decortions. however i need to get my dress and the bridesmaids dresses. what is everyones suggestion on when i should start looking for me and my bridesmaids dresses? or by what month should i rreally get my butt n gear!! thanks :)
    Posted by minyoung10[/QUOTE]

<div>My wedding day is September 28th 2013 and I already got my dress! Lol! Some sales people say you need to order 8 months ahead of time to make sure your body will be basically the same size when you get it, but your body can change in a mater of a month!  So no matter when you get it, make sure you find a trusted seamstress that can make the dress fit you perfectly!!</div>
    ~Soon to become Mrs. O'Kane!~
  • I bought my dress in Jan and it came in before June, I want to say the end of May.  
  • I am getting married the same day as you and I already ordered my dress. I it is going to take 5 months to come in and we are making changes to the dress so I wanted plenty of time for all of that. I think a general guideline would be around 8 months ahead.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • sorry about the double post     i had never posted before and when i went to upload it it said it couldn't do it try again in a few soconds and when i tried again it had posted the other one already idk!! and im not the best with computers and am new to this site so didn't know how to delete one lol

But thank you all! especially the ones who are getting married the same day or very close to it    its nice to know i am not getting head of myself if i  go now!!! hehe :) but def do it before 8 months! Very helpful! thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards