Wedding Invitations & Paper

Wording: Couple + Bride's Parents Hosting

Hoping for some wording advice on how to word the invitation where it's my fiance and me hosting with help from only my parents. 

I've seen a lot of "together with our families/parents" online, but nothing just specifying the couple + 1 set of parents on the invite.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: Wording: Couple + Bride's Parents Hosting

• I would just do the standard wording. I must admit I'm a bit surprised that you've never seen wording of just one set of parents hosting - it's certainly the most traditional way.

Mr. and Mrs. Brides' Parents
    request the honour of your presence/pleasure of your company
    at the marriage of their daughter
    Bride First Middle
    to
    Groom Full Name
    date
    time
    venue
    city, state

I know that you and your fiance are also hosting, but if you want to include your parents and not your fiance's (together with their families..) this seems to me to be the best way to go. 
  • My parents don't care. They're contributing about 25%. Us about 75%.

But I don't want to do the "together with our parents" since his parents are not contributing.

Didn't know if there was wording to denote the couple splitting with 1 set of parents.

Thanks,
    Beth
  • ceh789ceh789 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_wording-couple-brides-parents-hosting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:11699de4-772a-479c-921a-6de2e53b14daPost:270b17dc-d951-4254-8ed1-65e3160545b0">Re: Wording: Couple + Bride's Parents Hosting</a>:
    [QUOTE]My parents don't care. They're contributing about 25%. Us about 75%. But I don't want to do the "together with our parents" since his parents are not contributing. Didn't know if there was wording to denote the couple splitting with 1 set of parents. Thanks, Beth
    Posted by egattolin[/QUOTE]

<div>Is it really important to you that people know his parents didn't contribute?</div><div>
    </div><div>I have the same situation and since my parents didnt' care I went with 'together with their parents'.</div>
  • I had the same situation.  I worded it like this:

Mr. and Mrs. Bride's parents
    invite you to the wedding of, etc etc

Me
    to
    FI

son of Mr. and Mrs. FI's parents

That way my parents are still getting recognized for hosting (paying for about 1/3-1/2 of the wedding) but FI's parents won't be mad they weren't on the invite.  Somehow I get the impression FMIL wouldn't accept the whole "but etiquette dictates that only the parents who host get put on the invite..." argument, and it's not worth the trouble it would cause not to include them.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards