Louisiana-New Orleans

Help!!! Just starting and at a loss

So I got engaged in Nov and I'm just starting planning. We want to stay under 10,000 is that even possible in New Orleans??? My sis got engaged on NYE and already has everything almost done, so I feel really far behind. I want something nice for about 100-150 people. Any suggestions??? Also our dream is to get married on New Years Eve b/c thats when we met, but after talking to a few places they seem to have a 25-30,000 min for that date:(

Any help is soooooo welcomed!!!

Re: Help!!! Just starting and at a loss

• louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Most of the catering packages I looked at were at least $50 pp with tax and gratuity.  If you invite 150 people, that would only leave $2,500 to do everything else.  Cutting your guest list or getting married outside of the city, maybe on the Northshore would be a big help.  The hotels were generally more expensive, but did not include a rental fee.

I think a New Year's Eve wedding would be hard to pull off on a budget.
  • It would be a tight budget in the city itself. I started out trying to stay at 10,000 for 100 people and have had to up it. It might be doable at the wax museum or city park. I am having mine at Rosy's jazz hall. If you are willing to go to Metairie/Kenner/Harahan or the West Bank it may be more doable. I do agree the NYE would be next to impossible.
  • thanks ladies...
  • Agreed with all this advice. For that # in the city I think it will be near impossible. I would search outside of the city to begin.
  • City Park is probably too pricey. Most of the rental fees there are 30004000 not including any of the catering. I had a friend recently get married at the lake house restaurant in Mandeville. It was right on the lake with pretty indoor and outdoor spaces.
  • CGT Plantation! Outside of NOLA, but AH-MAZING!!! No minimum, and ceremony, reception, food, cake is included! We booked our March 2013 wedding back in Feb 2012, and went with a sat afternoon ceremony...the eventings were already booked, and it was cheaper anyways! I would recommend looking at each weeked to find out what's going on int he city! There are very few weekends that have nothing going on, and it could make your travel/hotel blocks a nightmare! Good Luck!
  • To pull that off would be difficult in NOLA proper. We finally found Taravella Manor in Marrero and we're in LOVE! The venue is beautiful and the staff is so easy to work with. We actually got our date during an end of the year sale thing, but we're having 150 guests for about $6000. This includes ceremony, unlimited food (all cooked at the venue) and alcohol, table linens, real silverware and dinnerware (not acrylic), passed hors d'oeuvres, DJ, and I'm sure I'm forgetting about something. The only thing they don't really provide is the cake. Give them a call and ask for Kyle or Erica. They have a website, but it doesn't really give you any information or pictures of the venue.
  • Thanks ladies, I've talked to my fiancé about cutting the guest list to 100 or less so that might help. But quick question, have any of you looked at the falstaff beer garden? I have an appointment to look at it next week, but they don't have many pics online.
  • In New Orleans proper, you could try House of Broel.  The have really low-priced options.  Otherwise, I think even with 100 people, $10K is not likely to get you a New Year's Eve venue, food, alcohol, photographer, cake, limo. DJ, flowers, hair, makeup, etc.  Just doesn't seem very realistic, unless you go to some of the outer locations recommended above.
  • If you're willing to do Harahan, i'm getting married at Champagne Palace. For a Saturday evening for 200 guests its about $14000 with a few extras that we added. If you do a Friday night or Saturday afternoon, the price is significantly lower. You could still have your 150 guests within your budget. They include all reception decor, use of the ceremony space, all food and open bar for the whole night.
  • I think you can do it!  I've researched a few vendors and here is what I'm thinking of going with:
    Reception:
    Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation...AWESOME
    (or) Arbor Room in City Park (if they would call me back)
    (or) New Orleans Pharmacy Museum in the French Quarter.
    I would like to check out Race and Religious, too.
    Photographer:
    Renaissance Photo NOLA:  Really nice and 2 photographers for cheap.  Yay.
    Flowers:  Whole Foods or Meade Wenzel
    Invitations:  AnythingBridal.com
    Cake: The Cocoa Bean Bakery

Hope this helps!  In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_help-just-starting-and-at-a-loss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:f6ee64e4-8962-4aea-980f-6e0bec1ccca7Post:76bf04ba-3974-4c7c-bf29-901e2e2f7a68">Help!!! Just starting and at a loss</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I got engaged in Nov and I'm just starting planning. We want to stay under 10,000 is that even possible in New Orleans??? My sis got engaged on NYE and already has everything almost done, so I feel really far behind. I want something nice for about 100-150 people. Any suggestions??? Also our dream is to get married on New Years Eve b/c thats when we met, but after talking to a few places they seem to have a 25-30,000 min for that date:( Any help is soooooo welcomed!!!
    Posted by J5worm[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards