Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

When to book hair/makeup?

Just wondering how far in advance you booked your hair stylist and makeup artist. Also any recommendations would be much appreciated. 

Re: When to book hair/makeup?

• Options
    Our wedding is this March and I think I booked makeup & hair in May last year. I knew I definitely wanted on-location, and since there aren't that many options for that I booked asap. If you are having a summer or fall wedding, I would suggest booking a year out for on-location beauty. They go fast in the Pittsburgh area!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am getting married in September 2013 and I booked my hair and makeup last August. I found that there are not many on location as PPs stated so if you do want on location, i would look as soon as possible!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ahhh my wedding is 1-4-14 so I doubt too many people are getting married then -- but reguardless I am just going to book something. I do want onsite (don't know where onsite will be exactly yet .. hopefully that will not be an issue). Does anyone have any hair and makeup rec?? Price does not matter too much but I do think that I want my makeup airbrushed. I tend to wear a lot of eye makeup regularly so someone very talented in that reguard would be great. I also do not want an updo, I actually hate my hair all up!!

Thanks so much :)
  • Options
    I'm using Beauty by Joy for makeup- had a trial with her and the airbrush was awesome! I had it done for my engagement pictures, and despite the humidity and a nap I took later that day, I woke up from the nap with perfect makeup! I'm also using Brooke Rockwell for hair, and she was great too! Brooke comes highly recommended on this board too btw. Both of them ask for a $50 deposit, which goes toward your final bill and if you change your mind, as long as its not within a month (i think) of the wedding, you get your deposit back. I would do a search on this board for makeup artists and hair stylists, you will get a lot of reviews and such because its a common topic :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I waited until december for my june 2013 wedding and it was hard to find someone to come on site.  luckily one of my options panned out- Jae Lee Parades.  I havent had my trial yet but she was reccomended to me by a friend. She does airbrush makeup which i am getting as well :)
  • Options
    BlakeArtistryBlakeArtistry member
    First Comment
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_when-to-book-hairmakeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:134e1717-bce3-46c2-88b3-e1905e55c84bPost:e6372361-7d28-49f3-9dc2-9755d0dcb9bb">When to book hair/makeup?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just wondering how far in advance you booked your hair stylist and makeup artist. Also any recommendations would be much appreciated. 
    Posted by jsurmacy[/QUOTE]

Congratulations on your engagement!  Weddings in Pittsburgh can be tricky to book.  It is amazing that some dates that have no holidays asscociated with them can be so popular for seemingly no reason.  I would suggest booking your hair and make-up artists as early as possible in case your wedding date is one of the popular dates.  Generally, 6-9 months out is good.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you favorite make-up and hair professionals are available for you.

If you need any reccomendations, please feel free to contact us.

Blake Artistry
    Professional Make-Up Artistry

<strong><a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.BlakeArtistry.com">http://www.BlakeArtistry.com</a>

</strong>
  • Options
    I was in a wedding who used Elisha Evans Styling.  She's great and very creative.  She worked with a lot of different hair types in the wedding I was in, and every single person looked gorgeous! 
    http://elishaevansstyling.com/
  • Options
    I second brooke rockwell! she was unbelievable. i actually had her sister, harbor, and she did 6 people's hair in like 2 hours. shes fabulous, and her prices are a bit cheaper than her sister
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards