Outdoor Weddings

Palette Suggestions for an outdoor summer evening wedding?

I'm really struggling with the color palette choice for my wedding. My fiance and I are doing a very natural outdoors themed wedding. The ceremony will take place in the early evening and reception will follow right after. I've been looking for palettes that match and I'm just not seeing anything for what I'm looking for. I was planning on using a raspberry and coral, but I thought coral may be too bright for an evening wedding. I want to keep the colors elegant, but also I would like them to create a welcoming relaxed feel that reflects summer time. 

Re: Palette Suggestions for an outdoor summer evening wedding?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_palette-suggestions-for-an-outdoor-summer-evening-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:62cbc629-c2a2-4eec-b07a-24307713dc27Post:db3d4432-b329-42b5-941d-718237f18826">Palette Suggestions for an outdoor summer evening wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm really struggling with the color palette choice for my wedding. My fiance and I are doing a very natural outdoors themed wedding. The ceremony will take place in the early evening and reception will follow right after. I've been looking for palettes that match and I'm just not seeing anything for what I'm looking for. I was planning on using a raspberry and coral, but I thought coral may be too bright for an evening wedding. I want to keep the colors elegant, but also I would like them to create a welcoming relaxed feel that reflects summer time. 
    Posted by loveteaching1022[/QUOTE]

Choose colors from the natural surroundings of your venue.  Not only will it look appropriate, but it will cut down on the need to bring in lots of flowers or decor because everything will tie together.  That's not say match nature's colors.  Look at flowering bushes, tree blossoms, or wildflowers found near your venue to provide some hints on colors.  Selecting one prominent color, one neutral, and one accent works very nicely no matter what colors you choose (ie: lavender, ivory, soft sage green).
  • I am also having a hard time with colors. We are doing out as well. At first I wanted a vintage feel with dusty rose pink and lace, but now I am hooked on lemon. I mentioned the lemon to the fi and he suggested purple and yellow so I think I'm going to do like a lavander, lemon, and lime palette with some light candy pinks and ivory to tie it all in. I don't know if it helps. We are also using locally grown wild flowers. Greens, purples, pinks. I mean anything I wish I could help I'm stuck as well and I've changed my mind like 3 or 4 times already
    ***March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I'm using a sage green as my main colour, and will add in an accent. I like the idea of raspberry, now that I've read it (thanks OP), and will be using in season flowers, and as much natural accents as possible. We're getting married at a lakeside lodge, so there are lots of trees and a log cabin etc.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We used pale pink, ivory, and gold, because these colors would be soft and glowy in the evening with candelight and twinkle lights.
  • Use whatever colors make you happy that is most important. 

If you want to add a color that feels more natural, I would suggest adding a color in the tan family to round out your color palette.  Burlap is still pretty popular.  If you used that color as a runner (even if not in burlap) you could still use the other colors as your main features.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_palette-suggestions-for-an-outdoor-summer-evening-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:62cbc629-c2a2-4eec-b07a-24307713dc27Post:db3d4432-b329-42b5-941d-718237f18826">Palette Suggestions for an outdoor summer evening wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm really struggling with the color palette choice for my wedding. My fiance and I are doing a very natural outdoors themed wedding. The ceremony will take place in the early evening and reception will follow right after. I've been looking for palettes that match and I'm just not seeing anything for what I'm looking for. I was planning on using a raspberry and coral, but I thought coral may be too bright for an evening wedding. I want to keep the colors elegant, but also I would like them to create a welcoming relaxed feel that reflects summer time. 
    Posted by loveteaching1022[/QUOTE]
    For some reason summer evenings make me think of a purple/blue in a darker jewl tone...maybe indigo-is? With a pretty orange, pink, or yellow?
  • We are having an outdoor wedding in June and I chose a turquoise blue and white. Simple but pretty I think... and very summery.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are using tangerine & tan, with white and yellow accents as needed. The guys will be wearing tan suits with orange vests & white shirts. They're a bit more casual, but definitely reflect the "outdoor, summer" theme that we were hoping for.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards