April 2013 Weddings

Registering and save the dates

Hello fellow April brides, I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but im going to start here..

When are you supposed to register for the wedding? and I am only planning on sending out Save the dates to the out of town  guests, when do I send those out?

thanks ladies
Future Mrs.Hensley Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Registering and save the dates

• I think you're supposed to register around the 8 month mark, although I don't see why it couldn't be later than than. Items get discontinued all the time, so I think that 8 months from now there is is good possibility of something you registered for no longer being available. 

I send out my STDs just last week. I think that 6-9 months is the norm. 
    135 invited image | 45 Yes image | 11 No image | 79 Still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 23
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaids Dresses
  • I would send the save the dates in the next month or two. Maybe in the next month (sometime in Sept.) to give them time to plan/save for travel.

As for registering- I'm registering in October because I've heard that things can change, get discontinued... but if you are having a party sooner rather than later that people may want a registry for, you can register anytime you want.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We started one registry, but are planning to do the 2nd over the winter and closer to when showers will be happening (Feb/March 2013) to avoid replacing things that are discontinued. We are planning to mail our save the dates in October.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We registered right after getting engaged in March since FI's side is big on engagement gifts, no problems with anything being discontinued yet. We set out our STDs last week. 
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • we just registered at Bed Bath and Beyond(which i highly recommend due to all the benefits). we sent stds 2 months ago since everyone has to travel to our wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ladies ...
    Future Mrs.Hensley Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are sending our save the dates out Sept 1! Its actually operation STD over here right now, lol. I am taking a break from cutting, allowing the printer to continue to print :) We are probably going to register Oct/Nov. We are sending our STDs to all of our guests.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I sent save the dates out a couple of months ago because they came in and people were asking. We''ve also started to register too, mostly for kitchen stuff that is unlikely to be discontinued.  As it gets closer to my shower, we are going to add things like towels and bedding, i noticed that stuff gets discontinued faster. 

Follow Me on Pinterest

• We registered a couple months ago and only picked out things that won't get discontinued.  I'll add in sheets and towels and such later.

Also, I was planning on sending STDs out in early September but we barely have any addresses collected and now we're not only moving, I'm starting the school year teaching first grade for two months.  So...wedding stuff gets pushed WAAAAY aside for now.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We haven't done either yet. We just got engagement pics taken this past Sunday so we hope to get the Save The Dates out in the next month or so. Def want them out before my friend's wedding in Nov and the holidays.

Maybe we'll start working on the registry soon too. Might help some of the family with getting Christmas gifts if they decide to. I don't think I'm going to have a bridal shower. I want one for the fun games, but haven't heard anyone mention it. Plus it's a little tough logistically.

I'm more excited about the Save The Dates anyway haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • We started our registry when we started looking at venues a few months ago. The only thing we haven't really registered for yet are bed linens, which according to the saleswoman at BB&B, will all change in January, so we will register for those then.

As for StDs, we JUST did our engagment photos on Saturday. I haven't even seen them yet. We went to where we got engaged, my parents came with us, and my dad took the photos. I want to include at least one e-photo with the StDs, so I will probably get those done before the end of September. I think the absolute latest they should go out is 6 months out, so October at the absolute latest.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 September Siggy Challenge
    Red Horse Barn, Huntington Beach, CA
  • Our Save the Dates went out a month or more ago, because it's a destination wedding. 

I've already been told I'm not getting a shower because "it's not worth it" since we're not inviting all that many people to the actual wedding.  I may do a small registry in January or something, because there ARE people who are asking because they want to send us a gift, even though they know they're not invited to the wedding and we're probably not having any sort of celebration here.  So a registry really isn't that big of a deal for us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards