Florida-Central Florida

Videographer

My FI and I are debating on whether or not to hire a videographer for the wedding. We are trying to keep it at a budget of $500-$700 for 5 hours but I dont know if that is too low or not.  Are any of you using a videographer and is this a reasonable budget? Also, who would you recommend?

Thank you so much!!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Videographer

• edited December 2011
    look for a videographer with customizabe packages. you can save money buy cutting the frills--pay for only the raw footage and edit the video yourself, or hire the viedographer for a couple hours instead of the whole day. $100/hour might be a bit low unless you hire a novice, maybe search for a college student?

i'm using Apex Media Weddings. nice to work with, very flexible.
  • edited December 2011
    I had a similar problem. We are still deciding what to do but the lowest I was finding was $1000 for about 5 hours of coverage. Im debating the idea of having a good friend of ours videotape the ceremony for us because I think that's the most important part. I figure I'll have photos for the rest of it. Its hard when your working on a budget and are trying to keep from going over.
  • edited December 2011
    Unless your friend is known for having a steady hand with a camera, I would stay away from that.  a great to stay on budget and if you want home video for less go through wedit.com 

wedit.com offers 4 flip cams for $700 I believe and the thing is you get to use them for a couple of days so you can capture all the wedding events. Then you send the cameras back with prepaid postage and they will send you back an edited video of the footage your family and friends captured.   I have seen the product and it is pretty cool. Again trust only with those you know would do a good job.

As for local I am using Imprint cenima. They are fairly new to the wedding bizz in Orlando but are great! Very flexible and have an amazing eye for quality. 
  • happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    M&L PhotoVideo.  One of the lesser knowns on TK but still worth the money at a value price. 
    80 said yes image
  • jmucheech21jmucheech21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_videographer-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:66Discussion:d2521281-b0ea-499a-a2a5-c2d06035d2fdPost:88d8f3bd-d456-4239-a696-3ef27bc71646">Re: Videographer</a>:
    [QUOTE]Unless your friend is known for having a steady hand with a camera, I would stay away from that.  a great to stay on budget and if you want home video for less go through wedit.com  wedit.com offers 4 flip cams for $700 I believe and the thing is you get to use them for a couple of days so you can capture all the wedding events. Then you send the cameras back with prepaid postage and they will send you back an edited video of the footage your family and friends captured.   I have seen the product and it is pretty cool. Again trust only with those you know would do a good job. As for local I am using Imprint cenima. They are fairly new to the wedding bizz in Orlando but are great! Very flexible and have an amazing eye for quality. 
    Posted by irisheyezfsu[/QUOTE]

While I agree that going with friends who will work for free as I vendors is usually not a very good ideas, I would say if its friend or nothing, I'd rather at least have a possibly not so great video from a friend.  At least then you hae the choice if you want to watch it or not.
  • lvillarinylvillariny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies I will definitely take into consideration :)
    Happy Planning!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a little late to the party, but you should be able to find a professional within your range.  If you haven't had much luck, check out my business Creative Cinema.  I definitely have a package that falls in your budget.  Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards